❧ Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Lame! What's so great about the way we all talk? All prim and proper...I hate having to worry about correct usage of grammar. I like it better when people just talk how they like. We all speak the same language."

"It's battle strategy, Emi. If I speak all prim and proper as you called it, I'm more likely to gain more respect from the person I'm speaking to."

"That doesn't seem fair at all."

"Well, they way you speak says a lot about where you came from... When people saw the old Ichigo and heard the old Ichigo, they thought of her as some ignorant, lower class girl. My only way to show them I wasn't was to speak their language literally and figuratively."

"Hmm...well, when you put it like that, you sound like a genius."

"I know, right? Ichigo is so amazing. I wish you came to the school sooner."

"You guys are embarrassing me!" I felt my cheeks heat up as another laugh slipped out. I loved these two. We could be talking about anything and I laughed with them like it was the most natural thing in the world. Being around people like this had never made me this happy and content before.

"Look at those cheeks! You're not going to need blush tonight!" 

  🍓  🍓    🍓

"Wow! I've never been to his house before!"

"Isn't it gorgeous! We've all gotten lost in there a couple of times."

"Hajime says even he gets lost sometimes."

"It's incredible!" I step out of my limo with Emi and Natsu, thanking the driver as he holds the door wide open for us. The chilly night wind sweeps across the sea of students mingling in front of Hajime's breathtaking mansion. It comes to me briefly to run through my recently curled and styled pink tresses and snakes across my bare legs as my beautiful silk dress sways with my walk.

 It comes to me briefly to run through my recently curled and styled pink tresses and snakes across my bare legs as my beautiful silk dress sways with my walk

"I hope I don't fall in these.." I look down at the heels I was wearing and step carefully onto the sidewalk. Emi and Natsu slide their arms through mine so I'm standing in the middle with them both at my side. As long as it had taken for us to get ready (and looking gorgeous, if I do say so myself), we couldn't help feeling a bit nervous and overwhelmed.

"Don't look down..." Emi tilted her chin up.

"Oh, here come the eyes..." Natsu bats her pretty lashes. Sure enough, looking straight ahead, we catch eyes almost immediately. People whisper and stare at us in awe as we walk through the crowd, as if we're all these beautiful angels that just graced them with our presence. Some even start to step out of the way and clear a path for us to strut.

 Some even start to step out of the way and clear a path for us to strut

Hajime's home looked like some kind of fairytale castle. It's structure seemed to go on forever. As wonderful and amazing as it was to sit and admire it, it just made me wonder who in the hell needed a house that big for 3 people!

But, what a beautiful house for a beautiful prince. I supposed it didn't matter!

The minute I stepped inside, I saw the giant crowd swarming around my boyfriend, who seemed to be glowing in his impeccable attire. He wore a white suit with a golden tie and his blond hair in a stylish slicked back style. He was totally flashy, but the great kind!

When his eyes met mine across the sea of people, it was like magic. Our fascinated gazes locked between each other and entranced us both with a spell. It seemed like time was slowing down around us, voices fading, lights fading until it was just the two of us there.

Slowly, very slowly, our faces broke out into knowing smiles, as we shared a secret among the crowd that we didn't dare to tell.

During class yesterday, the last class I had with Hajime for the day, he'd slipped a note in my desk that I read silently to myself over and over with my heart thudding and skipping in my chest each time:

I'll be in the foyer when you arrive at 8 PM, so don't be late. When I see you, keep your distance and give me a moment to look at you. I know you'll be beautiful. Then head
up the staircase for the second floor. Walk down the hallway to your right, passed the portrait of the water lilies and the 5th door down. The door will be unlocked. I'll meet you behind it. That's my bedroom.
- ❤︎Hajime