❧Chapter Seven

Hajime was dressed as sharply as ever in a bright white tux with a baby yellow tie around his neck. His hair was styled like he was on the red carpet or something and it made me squeal uncontrollably in my bed. He smiled back at the reporter as she asked him a question.

"Matsuoka-san! You must be exhausted helping your family run the bakery this morning! How do you feel!"

Hajime's reply was smooth, as if he were used to the attention. He looked like he belonged on television in the spotlight with everyone else. "I feel amazing, actually. I didn't break a sweat today, but I'm very satisfied with how today went."

"Did you sell a lot of your famous premium gourmet milk today? I heard that's the most popular above all of the others goods. It's my personal favorite."

The reporter held up the exact same bottle of milk I had the pleasure of drinking from yesterday. My mouth watered as I recalled the taste. It was an incredible burst of flavor.

"We sold a lot of those today. They've always been very popular here. It's a very old family recipe we hope to improve upon with every new generation."

"So, Matsuoka-San. Everyone's asking the same question..how are you able to manage the bakery from time to time when you have schoolwork?"

"It's not as difficult for me. I'm still able to attend the academy full time and have time to come back and work here. I have yet to become stressed. One of the joys of coming from a big family and having a business, I guess!"

"Now Mastsuoka-San. I understand you go to a very elite private academy. The Crystal Mountain Academy to be exact, am I correct?"

Wait. I narrowed my eyes at the screen, watching them. Why did the name of that school sound so familiar? Not like I knew anything about all those prep and private schools. And I mean absolutely nothing.

"You are correct! I'm a junior there now. The young men in my family have all attended that family since my great, great, great grandfather opened the Matsuoka Bakery. It was kind of a must for me to continue on with the tradition."

The voices of Hajime and the reporter start to fade out as my body jumps up in realization of something. Something that will change everything. I let out a scream that even made me want to close my ears, and then scrambled out of my bed to come out of my room and run to my father and Chisame's room.

The two of them were lying in bed watching TV when I ran in, slamming into the edge of their bed and holding on to it like it was the only thing keeping me rooted to reality.

"What did I tell you about screaming in the house?" My father rubbed his temples and Chisame folded her arms to get ready to lecture me but I was too excited to hear it.

"Young ladies don't---"

"Ch-Ch-Chisame! What was that school you were going to enroll me in if we moved?!"

Chisame gave my father a very confused look. He shrugged back at her. They knew that if I didn't ask about the school at dinner when they gave me the news, it meant I didn't care. But the fact that I was actually asking for information was a pretty big turn of events.

"The Crystal Mountain Academy. It's the most elite ---"

I cut her off as soon as the words left her mouth. I started screaming and ran back to my room to text my friends. Suddenly my school looked like shit. And hunger strikes were so middle school.

Well. Looks like I could be moving.

SugarSugarHeart and BonbonLove's July 31 Day Writing Challenge Day 26

The two of us will post a chapter every day this month of one of our stories! If life happens and we don't get a chapter up, we make up for the days with that number of updates (multiples) in one day. Or just as much as possible before the month is out lol.