❧Chapter Twenty-Six

So, my confession plan was ruined.

For some reason, Hajime didn't show up to our lunch gathering today! Our friends and I sat and ate awkwardly without him, hoping he'd just magically appear or something. Which he did not.

I was disappointed, to say the least. And after working up so much courage to tell him I really liked him face to face!

He could be busy with the bakery, or something. You have his number, so USE it!

I barely ever texted Hajime. We were mostly just in a LINE group chat with our lunch friends. I wanted to talk with him one on one sometimes, but I was never much of a text person in the first place. I liked speaking with people in person and hanging out.. which is what Hajime and I did all the time, so we never had to text!

I was honestly starting to worry that I'd screwed something up. Or we....we screwed it up together, right? Technically speaking? The making out in the pantry thing. Maybe it made things too awkward between us. I still wasn't sure what his feelings for me were, and I still had yet to tell him mine!

I should just talk to him. If I sit here worrying, it'll just kill me!

I didn't look like it, but I could be a hardcore worrier sometimes. From the necessary to the unnecessary.

I take a quick glance up at my teacher. She had her back turned to us, erasing something on the blackboard. When I was sure I had enough time to, I pulled my phone out from my desk and turned my phone on to unlock it. I was shocked to see I had already gotten a text notification from Hajime!

My heart skipped a beat as I started to read it :

Hajime: I need to talk to you. What class are you in?

Me: Takeda-Sensei's...is everything alright? You were missing.

It took only a few seconds for Hajime to read my text. I waited for him to respond for a moment, but he never did.

A knock came at the classroom door, and I hurriedly slid my phone into my bag as the room hushed. The teacher turned away from the blackboard and walked across the front of the room to open it.

Hajime walked in, his expression dark. He was dressed in his uniform, but it was a bit in disarray. His hair was messy, although incredibly cute. He looked like he had just woken up and thrown his clothes on. The class started to murmur about him, dropping their pencils and turning their attention away from their schoolwork.

Hajime turned his gorgeous eyes on me and I stiffened. He looked upset...something was definitely wrong. I was packing my things before he turned and asked the teacher to speak to me. I ignored the chatter that arose from it and took the hand Hajime offered.

We walked in silence down the halls, through the school courtyard and got into the backseat of his limo without a word. Hajime sat on one end staring out of the window and I sat on the other glancing awkwardly at the empty space between us. I wasn't sure if I should have scooted over to comfort him. What if he rejected me? That would be embarrassing.

Sigh. When will I ever have the confidence to put the moves on this guy?

Frustrated at his silence, I folded my arms across my chest and glared out of my window at the passing city. I didn't know where we were or what part of town we were in, but that wasn't my main concern. Nor was it that my teacher would be telling my parents I skipped school after a long good streak. Oh well, I'd come up with something, just like I always did.

Plus, I'd kind of told Chisame about Hajime and she seemed more than pleased I had become friends with him. I don't think she minded me skipping with him in the slightest. She told me I smiled more nowadays and she knew it was because of him. It was really eye-rolling of her, but still sweet, I guess.