❧Chapter Six

1 morning into my hunger strike and I was already dying. I felt hungry like I was on my period and there were no snacks in sight. Like I hadn't eaten in years. There's definitely a reason why they called it break fast. Around 8 to 10 hours of sleeping without eating was a real challenge.

I texted all of my friends on my crappy cheap cellphone last night (I refused to let my stepmother buy me a new one) about how Chisame was trying to get me to move away and change schools.

They were all equally as pissed of as me. We called her the evil stepmother sometimes, only she wasn't evil, she was just annoying and rich. We were the kind of poor people who enjoyed being poor and made fun of the rich people on all their high horses. When they found out my dad was getting married to some rich lady we all got scared she'd turn me into some prissy teen girl who's only worry was getting her nails done or going shopping and laughing at peasants. I assured them that would not be happening.

But what if it did by some chance?

I couldn't deny that being around Hajime made me feel just a little bit cautious about my appearance. How can you not feel uncomfortable around someone when they're so dazzling and you realize you haven't cared about your appearance in so long?

I didn't touch makeup, I never put my feet in anything but sneakers, I barely combed my hair in the morning, I never cleaned my room, I sat with my legs wide open (accidentally with my uniform on) and hunched over, I used regular bar soap with no real fragrance, climbed trees and got sweaty for fun and never buttoned or tucked anything. I was literally the most unladylike girl I knew. And if I was going to be at an elite school for judgmental spoiled rich kids, they were going to eat me alive for it.

But there I go admitting defeat when the battle has just barely started..

I try to put the thoughts out of my head for a moment and attempt to focus on the video game I was playing. A few moments into it and I had died nearly 4 times on the level I breezed through on a regular day. And there was one reason why today wasn't a regular day.

I couldn't stop thinking about Hajime.

He was absolute perfection. Everything about him. The glowing skin, the hair, the eyes...the eyes would make you melt on the spot. As it did when I spoke to him yesterday. I would give anything to see him again...

When I realized I was so useless today at playing my video game, I changed the TV channel back to cable and turned off the console. While flipping through channels I came across the news channel. I wasn't a big fan of the news. I thought it was boring. I was about to hit the button to change it when something on the screen caught my eye.

The reporter on the channel was shoving her microphone into the face of none other than the gorgeous teenaged prince I had seen yesterday evening in a meeting of what I believed to be the fate they talk about in fairytales and romances.

SugarSugarHeart and BonbonLove's July 31 Day Writing Challenge Day 25

The two of us will post a chapter every day this month of one of our stories! If life happens and we don't get a chapter up, we make up for the days with that number of updates (multiples) in one day. Or just as much as possible before the month is out lol.