❧Chapter Four

"I'm home..."

I'm still thinking about my fairytale encounter when I step through the front door of my tiny 2 bedroom house. I kick off both of my shoes in the doorway and take a few steps toward my bedroom, the taste of the gourmet strawberry milk still on my lips.

"Ah! Welcome ba---ICHIGO! You were fighting again, weren't you!"

Chisame tries to stop me in the hallway on my way to my bedroom, but I barely glance at her as I head to my room.

"Yeah."

"That's so unladylike! How many times have I told you?! D A R L I N G!" She shouts to my dad, already red in her baby-smooth cheeks.

"YES, CHISAME?!"

"ICHIGO GOT INTO ANOTHER FIGHT AGAIN AND SHE'S FILTHY! WHY WONT SHE EVER LISTEN TO ME! WAAAAAH!" She starts to whine on the spot, but I keep walking down the hallway as if she weren't even there.

Chisame grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth and is used to crying in order to get what she wants. She's also MEGA feminine, and it doesn't sit well with her that I have my...habits. When I don't listen she starts to whine, and then my dad has to get me to apologize in some way that will console her.

She might be a crybaby, but I guess I'm pretty glad my dad chose her after my mother passed. I couldn't really picture anyone else with my father...

Still! The lady tries to get me to wear skirts and dresses

I will forever rebel!

"Don't worry, I beat them all up."

"WAAAAH! Ichigo! Ladies don't fight!"

Yes, they do.

"I'm taking a bath before dinner."

"Good! Come downstairs in 15 minutes scrubbed head to toe! I don't want to see any smudges! Your father and I have something very important we need to talk to you about at the table tonight."

I was already slipping back into my daydreams without a care. I hadn't even worried about what her words meant.