❧Chapter Eleven

A/N: Hey readers! I've created a writing schedule to try and stay consistent for you guys. Let me know what you think!

Writing Schedule:
- 😌Monday ( 🐺Having My Werewolf Hubby's Pup, 👾Night Ride With The Werewolves, 🧛🏻‍♂️Bride of the Undead)
- 😆Tuesday (🍓🍼Strawberry Milk, 💀Underlovers, 👩‍🎤Bubblegum! The Space Idol!)
- 😂 Wednesday (💏MomoTomo, 👸🏻Serendipity Suitor, 🤰🏻The Singer's Baby)
- 😃 Thursday (💐Poppy and Lotus, 🦄How to Kiss a Unicorn, 🦊Kiss me Kitsune)
- 😍 Friday ( 💇🏼‍♂️Momoko in Tokyo, 🦊High School Fox Clan, 🙊Louder Than Words)
- 🤩 Saturday (🐺Heartstone pack, 🌸Sakura Prince, 💎Pink Diamond)
- 😊Sunday (🙋🏻‍♀️☺️RANDOM/REQUESTS)

"If I go anywhere lookin' like this, someone will try and rob me!"

I look down at the fancy Crystal Mountain girls' uniform and grimace at the flashiness of it. It was made out of incredible material, was a bright, eye popping color, and it screamed elite. Chisame had taken me to the campus to meet with the principal and receive my uniform and schedule.

 Chisame had taken me to the campus to meet with the principal and receive my uniform and schedule

It was an awkward encounter, to say the least.

Our principal was a sharply dressed, middle aged woman with looks that could kill. Her eyes were small and cutting. She looked like she was called the Queen of Judgment, cause when I walked into her room, I felt like my fate was going to be decided. She smiled in the presence of Chisame, but when she saw me, dressed in my usual "I really don't care" gear. I really didn't, honestly, I never did.

But there was something about being on the beautiful campus...seeing the principal and her clothes and her scrutinizing glare and all of the beautiful, neat and orderliness...it made me feel out of place. It was the first time I really felt that way. Or at least a shred of that feeling...

It went away when we left the school.

"Oh, please. Besides, you won't get a chance to be robbed! I'm sending a car everyday to take you to and from school." Chisame started taking pictures of me on her phone like crazy. I rolled my eyes as she started posting them without showing me. She posted the ugliest pictures of me all over the place. She knew I hated getting my picture taken!

"I ain't taking a car like some spoiled brat. The school ain't far from here."

"Oh, please! What are you afraid of, everyone looking at you? You didn't used to care..." Chisame's voice trails off before she drops her phone and narrows her eyes in my direction. I watch her as she walks around me in a slow, annoying circle, looking at me closely.

"W-What?"

"Something's up with you."

"Me?! You're the one acting strange!"

"Hmm..." she taps her chin, "You were really awkward in the principal's office..you're not used to being around someone like her, huh...or in a place that pretty.."

"Yes, I'm a peasant. Did ya want to hear me say that?"

"No! You know I don't care about—- whatever. My point is..something got you really excited about moving all of a sudden..could it be, you're..."

BEEP! BEEP!

Chisame gasped and turned to run out the door, failing to finish her sentence. She had recently fired her personal chef to take up cooking, for whatever reason, and she was terrible at it. She was really excited to see if this ham turned out right.

Saved by the ham!

I walked up to the full length mirror in my bedroom to look at myself, admiring the uniform. It looked amazing, but...not on me. Nothing about me seemed worthy enough to be wearing it. It was just too pretty. And I wasn't.

I can't show up to that school lookin' like this. It's like a pig wearing a tutu...

I grimace at the thought of how those preppy kids would laugh at me. I wouldn't fit in, and I didn't hope to. But why did I care?

Oh, right. Hajime....

I suddenly think about something and want to slap myself for it, but my feet are carrying me to Chisame and my father's room before I know it. I sneak into the bedroom and walk passed the queen sized bed to find Chisame's makeup drawer in her bathroom. I pulled the drawer out and looked at its contents, amazed at the shiny wands and clean brushes and palettes...it was like a whole new world in there...

Something new to explore...

I hear Chisame calling my name, snapping me out of the fairytale daydream I was currently having. As soon as I considered even putting a brush to my face, I felt like I'd open a new world of possibilities...

When I snap out of my trance, I run out of the bedroom and into the kitchen to tell Chisame I had somewhere to go.

🍓

When I left my house to find the Matsuoka Bakery, I was brimming with a newfound confidence. I told myself to stop caring before I even started. After all, Hajime had already seen me for who I truly was. I didn't need anything extra. Plus, he could find me weird for wearing that stuff all of a sudden!

Anyway, I wanted to go and show him my uniform as soon as possible...

But that confidence faded when I got close enough to the bakery to see Hajime, as beautiful as always, serving the guests who were seated at the outside tables. There were girls wearing the same uniform as me this time. And one of them, a girl with stunning, long blond hair and a sickeningly perfect face had her arms wrapped around his, pulling it into her big chest. My heart sank.

Hajime was smiling back at her.

His bright, prepossessing smile was the same one he always showed me...