~*~ 45 ~*~

~*~ 45 ~*~

It was much later that Grams and Thomas came to sit in the Parlor after Roth had left. He had gorged on so much cookies and pie he protested that he could barely move let alone realm-walk. Tina and Archer had left earlier to attend to some things.

"How did it go son?" Thomas asked in a hushed voice coming to stand before his seated son seeing that I was asleep.

Grayson nodded his head that all was well.

Grams went to sit in one of the wing backed chairs Thomas taking the other. "You tell her what you were going to do?"

"How could I?" Grayson looked helpless. "She would no doubt contrive a way to follow me and undo it all."

"Son, if she's half the person I think she is, she'll tear up as much as you did until she's found you." Shaking his head in wonder "You know, judging from what occurred here last night I think it would be a toss-up between the two of you."

"Maybe, but—- I want her to be kept out of it."

"It's too late for that son. It was too late a few lifetimes ago."

"I can't tell her."

"Tell me what" I murmured slowly waking up.

"Shh—- that I want to make you my wife Rowan—- to bring you home with me."

"Home?" I whispered against his chest.

"Mm hm."

"Where's that?"

Thomas looked intently at Grayson. "Have a care son that is her heart that you meddle with." He was speaking in an incredibly soft whisper so that I couldn't hear anything but a murmur that sounded like a soft water fall or perhaps the hush of angel wings.

"I'm not meddling! It's true! If it can't be that, then I will make it so. I will find a way."

"You know the edict, and the consequences."

All I could hear was whispers and murmurs and fell asleep again rocked in his safe arms.

Seeing I had fallen asleep again Thomas reverted to his original conversation. "You can't, you know you can't."

"I will find a way. If I have to go behind the lines and carry Victor and Seth out alone I will win what it is that I want most."

"What if you lose? The risks here are stacked against you son. I can do nothing to help you from within the Guild."

"Then stand and watch me from afar! I will get Victor and Seth back, get us all three to face the crone, crush her and then Arminius himself. The guild will have no choice but to grant my one wish."

"They won't be able to! It is impossible for an angel to marry a human in these common times."

"Half human" Grams corrected softly sighing wondering if she should tell the rest of what she knew. If she did it would mean a loss to great to bear for the entire realm. She remained silent.

"It doesn't matter." Thomas looked upset.

"Than help me father. Make it matter!"

"I can't."

"You mean you won't."

"No son, if I could have, I would have married Athena a long time ago."

"I've got to find a way!"

"Then just stay in this realm and marry her in secret. No one will know."

"And she'll get older and I will remain as I am now. She'll continue to age and die, while I do not. How do you have a relationship that way?"