~*~ 44 ~*~

~*~ 44 ~*~

I must have fallen back asleep. When I did finally awaken I saw my great-uncle sitting in a chair across from me smoking a pipe and staring out the window deep in thought. I watched him a moment not making a sound. "Why did you take me away? Zale was there as well as Arminius."

He looked at me with deep and troubled eyes. "You know—-" he inhaled from his pipe and let the smoke out slowly "You will get your chance I suspect young Rowan. Too early, and it will be wrong. Too late, with equal consequences. But, if you wait for the right moment, both you and your man will succeed, more than you can know. Take what happened last night, and know that the lad acted wrongly out of a right place in his heart. He was very scared to see you in harm's way—- and such great harm it was. He did the right thing the wrong way. Something I suspect, that occurs often in this family." he smiled softly, his lavender eyes glowing.

"Young Grayson has things he needs to attend to within himself, the same as you Rowan. This is not the time to discuss it but—- have a care with him. There is something going on in him that I am not too keen on, though I suspect that it is not of his own doing, not entirely anyway. He's going to need help. Your help most of all. You will know how to do it when the time comes, and I suspect, only you will be able to help him Rowan. You will have to learn to be patient with yourself, and most importantly, begin not only listening to that voice that guides within, but following its guidance."

"You talk like Grams."

"I'll take that as a compliment young one." He looked back out the window. It was snowing again. "You have to trust that voice within you now. More than ever you are going to have to listen to it and trust with every fiber of your being. Do that" he nodded "and you'll know." he looked back at me and winked, smiling sagely. "You're about to have company." He nodded to the door, his eyes twinkling merrily. "Just a few moments more."

Looking at the door and then back at him. "Thank you."

"For what young Rowan?"

"For last night—-"

The front door banged open. "Hello!" a huge voice bellowed. Thomas, then Tina and Archer came in followed by Grayson.

Great-uncle Astargaroth leaned over towards me "See" he pointed with his pipe. "Trust what I say young one." his eyes crinkled from his wide smile. "Your great-uncle Roth is always right!"

"Ho-ho!" Grams retorted as she walked in to the foyer. "I heard that! And I can think of—-"

"But you won't!"

Grams chuckled "Have a care my beloved brother, in this house no wicked lies are allowed!"

"Humph!"

They exchanged a look with each other that spoke volumes in an unfathomable sort of way.

Thomas came in. His eyes sought out Grams right away. Tina grabbed Archers hand in a flash. "Come on, lets you and I go take care of those horses and the sleigh. I think, if I am picking up on things right, it's going to get more than a bit stormy in here!" The pair of them turned going back out the way had come.

Grayson stepped into the foyer waiting for Tina and Archer to go back outside and then slammed the front door. Hard! There was no mistaking the weather forecast now! Heavy squalls were definitely incoming. Grams looked deeply into Grayson's flashing gray eyes, so gray they looked black in the dim lighting. "Thomas?" She looked with concern back at him.

He shook his head "They'll be fine."

Grams didn't look so certain and watched Grayson's eyes closely. She didn't pick up on anything and trusted Thomas completely. "I hope you know what you are doing."