~*~ 32 ~*~

~*~ 32 ~*~

Archer picked up his young charge as soon as he got the call, instantly knowing something was very wrong. To be honest, he had expected it knowing what a hot head Grayson was and how stubborn Rowan could be.

Grayson was storming up the street looking as if he had murder in his eyes. Tina sucked in her breath. "What did he do?"

"I've no idea." He pulled alongside Grayson whom he and Tina had known since his birth. Both of them had been adopted into the Evans' family as full son and daughter. They had been sent to guard him, both of them being of the Guardian Warrior Class. They had followed Grayson through his life and never, ever had they ever seen him looking like this. Not since Laurel had died.

Grayson walked in front of his truck going to the driver's side. "Best hang on." Archer murmured to Tina, "His driving is going to be a bit on the interesting side."

"I think the rest of this night is going to be that way." Tina quipped knowingly, climbing in back so Archer could take the passenger seat.

Grayson swung himself up agilely, slammed his truck into gear and spun it around doing a U turn in the middle of the road.

Tina waited until he had control of the rocking truck. "What happened back there?" she asked softly.

"The girl is an irrepressible stubborn mule!"

Archer hid a smile behind his hand looking out the window so he didn't piss off his temperamental charge even further.

"Is she okay?" Tina asked.

"Of course she is! What, you think I would hurt her?"

"Of course not. It's just, well, you're a bit out of control."

His answer was to mash the gas pedal down and rocket back up the mountain. Archer looked back at Tina and shook his head. Being quiet would be the best way to get him home and out of sight of the public. It didn't take them long to get there, not for as fast as he drove. He swung into the driveway and slammed the breaks jumping out before the truck had stopped rocking. He stormed into the house yanking open the door, slamming it behind him.

Archer and Tina looked at each other worried. Tina looked at their front door with a troubled look on her face. "You go check on Rowan and I am going to get father. I think, as before, we are going to need some help."

Archer nodded. "I'm going in with you first though. No way am I letting that stubborn renegade go off on you."

She smiled ruefully "I can handle him Archer."

"Uh huh. Together we face the den of lions okay Daniel?"

A shattering sound from inside the house caused them to both leap out of the truck simultaneously. Archer opened the front door just in time to see the Christmas tree come shooting past slamming into the wall in a shattering of glass ornaments.

"Grayson!" Tina pushed past Archer and ducked as a wrapped present sailed directly for her head. She deflected it with a motion of her hand. "You have got to get a grip on yourself Grayson!" she stormed. He answered with another volley of presents that she deflected just as easily.

Archer moved past Tina and made to grab Grayson who slammed him into the wall. Archer suddenly looked the warrior and all traces of humor were gone. "Grayson Bryce Evans you will cease now!" Archer roared.

Grayson threw a lamp at him which Archer deflected the same way as Tina, with a flick of his hand. It crashed into the wall shattering in a spray of ceramic.