Chapter Seventeen

"It's morning," Jayvee spoke. Him, Phobeus and two tied up dragon slayers, Gajeel and Wendy lay on the ground in anti-magic silver bands.
"Yeah, I know," Phobeus sighed, "But I trust her to come back."
"You sound like Layla," Jayvee rolled his eyes.
"You're just a pessimist," Phobeus grumbled at him, "Besides, there she is."
Phobeus raised his hand to point to the sky, three small figures that slowly got closer. As the figures grew closer it revealed other people in two golden tinted transparent spheres floating behind Lucy as she used her magic to produce Dragon-like golden wings from her back.
She landed by Phobeus, the golden balls popping like bubbles once they hit the ground revealing the fire dragon slayer Natsu and a blue exceed Happy.
Lucy fell forward holding her chest, Phobeus catching her, holding her up.
"You know you're not suppose to use your magic so much," Phobeus sighed, looking a bit frustrating and worried for his friend.
"It just hurts a little, I'll be fine," Lucy wheeze out a shaky breath. Phobeus glanced behind him to see Jay had bound Natsu and Happy in the anti magic binding as they both stared worryingly at Wendy and Gajeel who were out on the floor, looking exhausted and sick almost.
"They'll be fine, it was only sleeping gas, it has a cold side effect, tomorrow morning they should be up and lively," Jay said towards Natsu and Happy to ease their concerns.
"Phobeus-" Lucy began coughing.
"I knew this would happen, but I neglected to stop you," Phobeud sighed, "How bad is it?"
"Not too bad," Lucy looked up at him with a tired gaze, "But it's getting hard to see, bit fuzzy."
"Can you stand?" Jayvee asked.
"I believe so," Lucy nodded, pushing herself up to stand with the help of Phobeus. Her stance was a bit wobbly, but at least she was able to stand.
"Phobeus, take Lucy to get some rest. I will handle the dragon slayers and I'll be there to check on her eyes afterward," Jayvee only sighed, walking towards Natsu and Happy first.
Jayvee held up his hand, a light lavender fog coming from his hand. The fog cascaded down to Natsu and Happy.
They both became to look tired, blinking their eyes slowly ly as they struggled to keep their heads up and stay conscious; Unfortunately, theirs heads fell, leaving them passed out onto the floor.

~~~

The airship was silent as it soured high into the sky, Jayvee being the pilot.
"Phobeus, how are the dragon slayers and the exceed?" Jayvee asked, seeing Phobeus walk into the main room of the airship from the only other room in the back where the 'prisoners' were kept.
"Still asleep thankfully," Phobeus answered, "Hoping they'll stay asleep until we get to our destination."
"It won't matter if they're asleep of not," Lucy spoke, crossing her arms as she stood up. She had still been dressed in the jumpsuit with the silver bands, except now she wore a black leather jacket she left open, "Those bindings are anti-magic and the back room is soundproof. They won't be a problem."
"Where are we going anyway?" Phobeus asked.
Lucy let out a small sigh, "To the desert to the Eye of Serpents. Unfortunately my mother faded earlier than expected, but we know what to do from the Eye of Serpents," she said, turning her head to look at Phobeus.
"I don't remember her telling us what exactly the Eye of Serpents does," Phobeus stated.
Lucy shook her head, turning her head back to the front of the ariship to look out at all the clouds in the afternoon sky, so close she could reach out and touch them if she weren't inside the airship, "The Eye of Serpents is an amplifier. We need the dragon slayers magic to open the container the Eye of Serpent is in to get the relic. Activate the relic onto someone and their magic abilities are increased tremendously. It's what will give us the upper hand in our battle."