Chapter Eleven

" Fay Usage.... Fay Usage... "Levy hummed, tapping her finger on the table." I feel like something's missing... "
" Everyone here feels that way now... There's always something missing. "Lisanna sighed.
" But this is different, it's something more that a precious item. "Levy rephrased. Lisanna nodded, agreeing.
" Honestly, I believe Master knows something about this... The other day he was drunk and giggly as always, but right after we all had suddenly forgotten what we're talking about... He had this devastated look. "
" I noticed that as well, but I thought I should not pry. "
" If the master is hiding something from us, it's probably for good reason. "Erza popped, scaring the two girls.
" If it's that important, why should he hide it? I involves all of us, doesn't it? "Lisanna questioned." I feel apart of me isn't there, like it suddenly disappeared-"
" Erza! "Mira ran up, interrupting the three girl's conversation." Master wants to speak with you. "

~~~

" Come on Mr. Thief! We gotta be quick! "Lucy skipped down the pavement of the Magnolia roads down to a large stone building. She stopped then sighed.
" Let's go dragon lady, what're you stopping for? "Pheobus grabbed the hood of her cloak, dragging her along.
" Hey! Let go! And what have I told you about that nickname!? "Lucy growled.
" You shouldn't be talking about nicknames, you can't even call me by my name! "
" Well, it's your fault for being a thief! Remember the train and that village you stole from?! Thief! "
" Shut up, that's in the past. "
" That was just a eight months ago! "
" And? "
" You sure are lucky I didn't bring you to the ice prison. You'd be dead by frost bite by now. "
" Can we leave now, or are you just gonna keep babbling? "Lucy puffed out her cheeks and crossed her arms. " You look like some five year old when you do that. "
" An adorable five year old? "she questioned, raising an eyebrow in a cocky way.
" No, an annoying one. "
" rude. "
" Come on. "he squished her cheeks.
" Ok-Ok! I'm coming! Just getting nostalgic. "she sighed.
" Fairy Tail, huh. "Phoebus sighed, ruffling his hair.
" Yeah. Hey, can you go ahead? I wanna be nostalgic just for bit longer before we leave. "
" Alright, I meet you at the train. Careful though. The more you stand in front of the Fairy Tail guild hall, the more of a chance you'll get found out. "he began walking ahead of her. 
She watched him leave before turning her head back to the stone building." They won't remember me until I'm far from this town, that's how long the spell should last. "she sighed." That's just how it has to be. "
" Does it have to be that way? "Lucy turned and jumped, startled by the unknown presence. 
" Ah. Master, I knew it wouldn't work on you. "Lucy scratched the back of her head." Crap. "
" But you had enough magic to make everyone else forget. "Makarov crossed his arms, looking up at her.
" Yeah, but they will remember when I'm long gone from this place. "Lucy said.
" Why does it have to be that way? "
" And~ Erza is here too. Wonderful... "Lucy watched as Erza walked out next to Makarov." Ya know, I was just hoping to stand here in peace for a few seconds then be on my way. So-"
" Lucy, why don't you-"

" 'Just come back'? "Lucy smirked." Sorry, but these burns on my skin prevent me from doing such a thing. "She lifted her arm that had been hidden by the cloak she wore around her. The dragon like burns on her arms showing like scars." They appear when I continue learning the Dragon Constellation spells. It's very fascinating. It relies on your emotions to work. The more passion, the stronger the magic becomes. Sadness and anger make it go out of control, I call those blinded emotions because you can't tell right from wrong  in the moment of sadness and anger. All you can focus on is what ever had made you feel such a way. "
" Lucy, I didn't come here to stop you. Just to try an change your mind. "Makarov lowered his head.
" I don't know where or how you learned such a spell, but I don't like it. "Erza grumbled, turning her head away." To make your friends forget you like that. I don't give a damn if it's temporary. The moment I forgot you, I felt something was gone. Everyone did. And we've spent so long in the dark, because of-"
" If you blame this on me, you'd be correct. It was ever since that 'party trick' right? I've been gone for years without any of you knowing and you've all only recently realized and suspect Fay Usage to be me. Yes, that was all because of me. Every single year someone comes in Magnolia and does the spell to have you all forget me for that year. To be honest, I only found that out recently. "Lucy sighed.
" It doesn't matter who did the spell, I say you stop this yearly trend. "Erza tapped her finger on her bicep, clearly anger at Lucy. Luckily she was holding back from tackling the woman.
" I have, well... After today, it will stop. We don't have enough power to continue this, not even enough to be going from realm to realm. Right now, we'll be going across the Fiore borders and off the continent. So unfortunately you'll all remember me-"
" 'unfortunately'? "Erza spat." When I found out it was you who was missing I almost ransacked the entire guild hall and then would've ran out after you, no matter how far away, I was going to find you a pummel you to the ground. "Erza brought up her fist and shook it.
" Erza-"
" Master, allow me to hit her. At least once... allow me to-"
" That is not my decision to make. It's yours. "Master sighed again.
" Erza if hitting me will make you feel better, go ahead. I won't stop you-"

" If you think I need your approval to hit you, you're wrong. "Erza growled.
" Your usual composure-"

" 'usual'? I haven't seen you in years and you speak like you've known me for all those years I haven't seen you. You don't know me like you used to. Since you've been gone, I've been even more angry than at Natsu and Gray's fighting. "Erza lowered her fist quickly to her side.
" If you think-"Lucy shook her head, stopping her own hand from turning to a fist." Erza, if it's an apology is what you want, I'll say it. "
" But will you mean it? An apology is not what I want, I want you to realize that you need to come back. "
" Look, coming back to the guild would be like coming home to a family. I would love nothing more than to do that, but... like I said. These burns over my arm-my body... they are what prevent me from going back. "Lucy hid her arm behind her cloak again." Erza, I know your angry, but I have to ask you something selfish. Please, just forget about me. I'm not coming back... Ever. I'll be dead before I can be even close to come back home. "
" Lucy, I'm not giving up. "Erza stated firmly." You leave now, I swear I will come after you. Alone or with others, no matter what-"
" Then next time we meet-"Lucy turned to leave."-we will be enemies. "