That's probably why I was only comfortable approaching him.

"Excuse me. Do you happen to know where the exit to the garden is?" I held a hand to my chest, awaiting his answer.

His eyes widened before he bowed down to me, a nervousness overcoming his slacked posture, "Royal guard, I-"

"Please don't bow down to me. It really does make me uncomfortable," A look of horror rushed through his eyes, "not that I don't appreciate it! It's just- I'm your equal and not of Alpha descent. It doesn't sit right with me,"

"Oh. Apologies, I guess? We've all been trained to do so, so I must warn you that everybody else will do the same, Guard,"

I grimaced.

"Please, call me Leila,"

He was taken aback, "if that is what you wish for. Please, follow me to the exit, Leila,"

"Thank you," I sent him a smile and he lowered his eyes, blushing.

Did I— did he just blush?

That made me blush.

We passed by several miniature trees and towering flowers that all smelt like fresh forest with a whiff of sea. I'd never felt so refreshed in my entire life regardless of the fact that I hadn't taken a shower in almost 2 days; but thankfully, the flowers were there to cover for me. They had my back and hopefully, I would have theirs— if they had any?

"If I may ask," I stared at the back of his head, "how old are you,"

He turned to face me, a smile staining his fresh face, "19. Turning 20 in just about a month,"

My jaw slacked, "You're born in March too?!"

"Yes. The 29th to be precise. And you? If you don't mind me asking?"

"The 31st," I said just as we exited the greenhouse, a gush of ice cold wind slamming into.

"Are you planning a celebration? And if so, where? I'd love to help plan it's flower arrangements,"

I smiled genuinely before shaking my head, "I don't think so. My birthday isn't something I'd like to celebrate," I scratched the back of my head, mood suddenly rotating, "I'll probably keep it small— though that doesn't mean I wouldn't want the flowers. I'll definitely contact you when the time comes,"

"The names Roman Salvador. I'm here most of the day, and when I'm not, I'm most probably at the library," He sent me a respectful nod, eyes shimmering, "i will be awaiting your call on the 29th,"

And with that, he left; walk boyish and a hand running down his head of hair.

I pursed my lips.

If Luca wasn't my male I would have fancied him so hard.

The thought itself was embarrassing but the bright red haired woman I caught stomping her foot onto soil brought me back to my situation. What in the hell was Lara doing? Attacking the soil in hopes that it would bloom a flower out of her violence?

I trudged through the snow until I stood behind her and tapped her shoulder. She spun around, a look of anger clouding her expression and spoke, "Hamza! The seed won't grow- oh, Leila, sorry," She smiled sheepishly, "I just wanted to grow a mango, but it's been 2 weeks and my seed is still no where near done,"