Chapter 7: The walls of isolation

The heavy head ach she had received during last night, kept rubbing itself on the inside of her head, as she approached the couch, feeling the leather underneath her fingertips. Her eyes closed, trying to recall peace, as a shiver ran by her bare arm. His name called through her mind, giving her a view of his high cheekbones and chocolate brown orbs. She remembered his tan skin and the artwork that decorated his divined body. When she again opened her eyes, she felt a strange feeling run through her veins, almost causing her blood to boil. Her feelings towards this man were unknown. The thing that was however not unknown, was that she felt a safety around him. She felt comfort in his words and safe in his welcoming embraces.

The hours went by, as she attended to run a hot bath, washing away the awful head ach along with the embarrassing moments she had shared during last night’s adventure.

She was dressed in a tank top along with one of her old denim shorts, as she cooked herself a nice meal. Her meal consisted of a juicy chicken, along with a huge salad and spaghetti. Being the calm person she was, she slowly made herself comfortable in the couch, allowing her lips to taste the fresh salad, while the sound of the TV allowed her to avoid the silence that usually crept inside the house.

It was the sound of her cell phone that brought a sudden movement from her hands, as she picked up her phone, pressing it against her ear before answering. “Paige darling?” the sound of her mother approached on the other end, while Paige sighed, feeling rather exhausted. “Is everything all right?” the voice was soft and filled with concern, carrying the responsibility that her mother had. “Hi mom, I am fine,” Paige assured, forcing a small chuckle out of her dry lips as she spoke. “You sound tired, you are still going on with your medication, right?” the stress boiled out of her mouth, causing another sigh to be pressed out of the teenager’s lips. “Yes, of course,” Paige said flatly. “Oh well, that is very good!” her mother cheered, finally relaxing. “Look, Paige, dear. The cause I am working on now, is taking a bit longer than expected. I wish I could go home to you, but I am needed her for another two weeks,” she could feel the sadness behind her mother’s words, as Paige’s shoulders fell in disappointment. “I understand, it is okay,” Paige tried to convince her mother, but failed miserably when she thought about her birthday arriving between those weeks. “Baby, I really wish I was able to be there with you, but I swear I will make it up to you somehow,” her mother said, before carrying on. “I have to go now, but I will call you soon, take care, Paige. I love you very much,” her mother stated, before Paige replied. “I love you too, good luck with the case,” she said, before hanging up.

The disappointment came crawling towards her, along with the bad memories, as she buried her face in her hands. The harshness of the world came washing over her, while she let out a heavy sigh.

Her eyes darted towards the window, studying the pinkish sky and empty streets. A shiver ran by her spine, as his words echoed in the back of her head. He had wanted her to take her medicine tonight, without the knowledge that this would be the first time she would take her medicine this year.

While dragging herself upstairs, she felt a ton of bricks hit her stomach. The nerves came rushing into her, causing her to drown in the thought of Brian and his appearance. His face appeared slowly in her mind, as his broad shoulders and sculpture looking face occupied her psyche. She started to slowly think about his thin, yet soft lips, which would often be captured into one of his famous smirks. Her mind darted over to his chocolate dark orbs, which had the power to pierce through her body, making her knees go weak and her throat dry. He was divine; with his tan skin, muscular arms and high cheekbones, which expressed his aristocratic nose. She was swept off her feet by his newly shaved face, and the colourful artwork that was launched upon his body.

Her thoughts came throbbing into her mind, while she curled up at the end of her bed. She glanced towards the ceiling; wondering, almost dying to understand this odd creature. She wanted to understand why he cared so much. Why a man like him, who was achieving his dream, even wanted to talk to her.

She could not understand how a man like him could even want to be involved with someone like her. She was not special; she had neither an aristocratic nose nor inconceivably gorgeous eyes. Her face was empty, and her skin was milk white, despite the fact that she lived in California her whole life. Unlike him, she was not very skilled and neither blessed with any kinds of good looks. She was average high, with a slim body and long legs. Her hair was blonde, and the end of her hair locks was curly, creating a sophisticated mark on her. Instead of bathing in facial features, her face was tired and empty. Her lips had a pinkish colour, and felt dry each time she pressed them against each other. Small freckles were painted along her nose and under her eyes, giving the people around her the impression that she was a sweet high school girl. Along with her dark eyelashes, symmetrical eyebrows and pointed nose, she created a rather miserably looking face, which could belong to a twenty five year old woman, instead of a seventeen-year-old girl.

She was caught up in this sudden disturbing realization, when her phone suddenly started to vibrate, informing her that she had received a message. Her long fingers reached for her cell phone, feeling the hair on her neck slowly rise, as her eyes scanned through the letters. “Since you most likely won’t take your medicine tonight, I suggest you get your ass down to the beach and meet me, Brian”. She breathed heavily, a part of her not understanding how he had managed to break down her walls so easily. Without permission and without realizing it herself, a smile had taken place on her lips, as she eagerly found her jacket and slipped into her shoes.

________________________________________

Just a quick update. I have a little surprise after this chapter, but please comment/vote! xxx