Chapter 6: The conducter & the orchestra

She opened her eyes, feeling a different light shape itself in front of her eyes, as she took in her surroundings. The room was huge, with nice furniture and crimson red curtains that blocked the sunlight out. Her eyes drifted towards the bed, which was king-seized with comfortable sheets, which covered her body.

Her feet hit the floor, only for her to realize that her shoes were taken off. As she stood up, she felt her head scream in pain, as ach felt her whole body. She sank unto the bed, not knowing where she was or why she was there. She curled into a ball, closing her eyes as the headache kept torturing her silently.

Suddenly the door was opened, and she looked up, only to find Brian standing there. A veil of relief washed over his body, as his hand ran through his dark hair. “Thank God,” he whispered, as he sat down on the edge of the bed. “Where am I?” she asked shyly, meeting his hazel brown eyes. “If I say alcohol, will your memory refresh then?” he laughed, and she felt quite stupid for not understanding what he meant by that. She looked around, trying to rethink yesterday’s events, when she suddenly turned back to Brian, who had a smirk plastered on his thin lips. “Did we?” she had to stop her sentence, as she felt her face flush with embarrassment. Brian chuckled, before placing a hand lightly on her shoulder. “No, we did not,” he insured her.

Paige breathed out, if it was a breath of relief or a breath filled with disappointment, she could not tell. She wanted to ask him what really happened last night, but his expression told her that he had found it amusing. “You were drunk,” he told her, almost as though he could read her mind. “How bad was it?” she asked desperately, as a huge grin covered his lips. Her mouth fell open, as embarrassment washed over her. “The drunk version of you were very seductive, I must say,” he laughed, as she buried her face in her hands, wanting to turn into ashes and disappear.

She sighed, yet a part of her was still interested in further details. “It was not extremely terrible,” he said, looking at her with sympathy, even though he in all honesty wanted to meet the more outgoing Paige again. “God, you must think I am a fool,” she groaned. “No, I do not. Being drunk for the first time is not supposed to be a glamorous memory,” Brian reached out and held her hand, as her breath was stuck in her throat. Through the heavy embarrassment, she forced a smile on her lips, as her way of thanking him. He gently returned her gesture, as she felt a shiver ran down her spine. “Come on, let’s get you home,” he said, slowly helping her up from the bed. She still felt the pain overwhelm her head, as they walked leisurely down the stairs.

“My head is killing me,” she whispered, as she grabbed her purse. “It’s called hangover,” he chuckled, before placing his hand on her waist for support, as they approached the car.

Brian helped her inside, not wanting to let go, as he lost his grip around her waist. She looked so peaceful there she sat, probably embarrassed of letting him see her affected by alcohol. He started the car, keeping an eye on her from the corner of his eye. She sat peacefully in her seat, watching the landscape drift away from her eyes, while she could feel his eyes rest upon her body. The feeling of being closely studied made her feel uncomfortable, as cold shivers consumed her body, while goose bumps appeared on her exposed skin.

The silence between them had created an awkward tension as he drove, using his fingers as drumsticks on the wheel, while a relaxed expression covered his handsome face. “You wouldn’t mind telling me where your house is?” she met his eyes in a briefly second, and she felt as though her heart was caught in her throat. “Uhm, oh yes,” she managed to press out of her dry lips, as a smirk approached his lips.

There was something ridiculously adorable about her shyness. Something quirky and beautiful that embraced her each time her cheeks blushed and turned crimson red, and something loveable with the innocence that captured her so gracefully. Brian looked at her, somehow realizing how he made her feel. How he made her heart beat faster, her palms sweat nervously and how the nerves came crushing into her stomach. He knew this, because he felt it himself. He had felt his heart beat rapidly against his chest the first time his brown orbs laid eyes on her. He had felt awkward when he had tried to talk to her the night they met. It was as though the arrogant and handsome Synyster Gates, who had every girl in the palm of his hand, had turned into an awkward version of teenager Brian, who fell in love for the first time.

It was as though the huge realization hit him by the thought that had just entered his mind. He was falling in love, and for the first time he felt it properly. He felt the butterflies in his stomach by her presence. He felt this urge to protect her and care for her. Most of all, he felt this longing for her soft skin against his. He felt this strange urge to know her better. To acknowledge her as the human being she was with her needs and interests.

Paige was not like Michelle or any other women he had ever met. She was different in the way she talked and bathed her words in wisdom and shyness. She was different in the way her blonde hair rested against her shoulders, while her sparkling green eyes studied the landscape as though this would be the last time she was able to look at it.

Brian felt taken aback by these thoughts. By this realization that told him that she was not like a guitar. He cold not understand her and pour his love out like he did with instruments and other women. She was like a conductor, and the rest of the world, including him, was a part of her orchestra.

Following the direction she gave him, he found her house at last. Silence had been filling the two of them the whole ride, and Brian found himself looking at her in the corner of his eye. Her hands were placed nicely in her lap, and her eyes had rested upon them most of the ride. Slowly and unsure, the guitarist pushed a blonde hair lock behind her ear, easily gaining her attention. “I want you to take your medicine tonight,” he confessed, meeting her horror stricken eyes. Her hands easily started to search through her small purse, before her fingers gracefully captured a small bottle of pills. “I,” she pressed the one word out of her lips, not even sure what to say. She felt her throat become dry, as she inhaled a sharp breath. “It is okay. Just make sure you take them, and relax now. Call me if you need anything,” he insured her, as he watched her unwillingly unbuckle her seatbelt, as she slid out of the car, thanking him for the ride. Gaining a last wink, she watched him as his black car disappeared around the corner, leaving her in utter silence, before she dragged herself inside her house.

____________________________________

Please remember to comment & vote! xxx