Chapter 63: It hurts

The sound of her alarm echoed through her room. It was early, so early that not even the sunlight was up to shine through her thin curtains, casting a sharp light in her face. Paige rolled over to her stomach, her face being buried in her soft pillow, as a groan left her lips. Her hands pulled the sheet over her head, and her eyes closed for a couple of minutes, before she at last shoved her feet towards the cold floor.

An excitement ran over her face, when she realized what she was doing today. She dragged herself to the bathroom, taking her last shower in her own house for three months, her hands caressing her naked figure as she decorated her body with coconut soap. Her fingertips massaged the shampoo into her hair, leaving the fresh smell of honey, her body relaxing towards the hot water that fell over her figure.

She wrapped herself into a towel, the fabric being pulled tightly against her body, as she moved along to her next routine. Paige picked up one of her many lotions, the thick cream being smeared out against her legs and arms, leaving a nice scent. She then sprayed a thin layer of perfume against her throat, before rubbing a moisturizer into her naked skin, deciding to leave her face naked for the trip to New Jersey.

An expected sound echoed through the entire face, and a smile cupped her lips as she threw a last glance at her face in the mirror. Her wet hair was hanging loosely around her shoulders, framing her face, as she was dressed in a pair of grey yoga pants and a matching hoodie. The sound of the door soon made a sound, and she could hear his voice call out for her.

"Upstairs!" she announced, her eyes glancing at her luggage. A pair of arms circled around her waist, pulling her closer to him, as his warm lips attacked her neck immediately. "Good morning, baby," he whispered against her skin, kissing her neck gently. She enjoyed the sensation of his thin lips pressed against her skin, with his arms wrapped closely around her waist. "Ready?" he asked, his lips distancing themselves from her neck. She turned around, her morning face facing Brian's, as she nodded. He had still not let go of her waist, when he pulled her in for another kiss, this time their lips meeting each other.

"Guys!" an impatient shrieking voice made them instantly pull away, looking at each other with bewilderment lurking from their eyes. The bewilderment soon turned into silly smiles, as Jimmy's footsteps approached the stairs. "You guys look like a couple of pubertal teenagers," he stated, ignoring the fact that Brian was rolling his eyes at his friend's comment. "Now, Haner, help me carry these," Jimmy commanded, and it almost sounded as though he was stressed. Brian did as he was told, winking playfully at Paige as he passed her. Paige threw a last look at her room, turning off the light before locking the door.

She watched her suitcases being packed away in a huge black car, as she was told to slide in. As Paige settled down next to a window, she soon watched Brian as he climbed in next to her. In front of her she could see Jenna's tired face, resting on Val's shoulder, meanwhile Val was busy with her phone. Brian soon reached out for her hand, his long fingers lacing themselves with hers automatically, before her head fell unto his shoulder.

The car started to move, the neighbourhood sweeping away from her barely open eyes, while Brian's cologne drifted into her nostrils, causing her to become even more tired. "I'm so glad that we are not riding a bus to New Jersey," Zacky said, his voice sounding tired and rather grumpy. "I'm fucking thankful that those days are over," Matt agreed, one of his hands resting against Valary's thigh, meanwhile his eyes rested upon Zacky's face. "Fuck, I hated those days," stated Johnny, the expression on his face showing a hint of dreadful memories.

The ride to the airport was rather quiet, most of them being too tired to even bother to converse at this point. Jimmy had his earplugs in, his fingers tapping along with the beats. Next to him, Jenna was resting her head on Val's shoulder, her hands being folded around a magazine. Paige's eyes were barely open during the ride, as she felt the sleep rub in her eyes meanwhile Brian rested one of his arms around her shoulders, pulling her closer to the warmth of his skin.