Chapter 29: Communication

“You need to sleep,” Brian reminded her, as they walked out of the hospital. “Drive me home then,” she sighed, obviously exhausted from the long night. Brian only nodded, as he started to fish his keys up from his pocket, before clicking the button towards his car. Paige easily slid inside, for the first time realizing how utterly exhausted she was after the long night. She closed her eyes, as Brian started the car, and watched briefly as the hospital disappeared.

Paige had her eyes closed through the journey, as Brian’s grasp around the wheel tightened after looking at her for a while. “Do you want me to join you?” he asked, nervous for what she would say, considering he had been scolding at her earlier. Paige looked out of the window, seeing her house in the early morning, before she looked at Brian. “Well,” she sighed heavily, not completely sure what to say. “I’m going to sleep,” she said slowly, almost thoughtful, as Brian shrugged. “I told your mom I was going to look after you,” he said, using it as an argument to stay with her. She bit her bottom lip, forgetting what a delight it was for him to see, as she sighed once more. “Can I call you later?” she asked. This time, it was his turn to sigh. “I guess,” he sounded nonchalant, as she grasped the door handle, ready to spend some time for herself without the disturbance in her mind. “Thank you,” she whispered, as she debated with herself if she would give him a kiss or just walk off.

After a minute, she decided to just walk off, as she slid out of the car, and felt his eyes burn the back of her head. Paige felt a lump in her throat, as she was clearly still in shock after the night’s event. She walked towards the door, feeling her legs shake almost manically. She found the key hidden behind the bush, and immediately unlocked the door, before she dared to look behind her back, Brian’s car still standing there. She felt utterly uncomfortable, as she closed the door behind her, first then hearing the sound of him disappearing around the corner, as she sighed out loud.

She could not explain what had brought the tears that rushed down her face, but she still had a theory it had to do with her mother nearly dying, her father and Brian. She sobbed out loud, as she dragged herself up stairs, still not able to find the exact reason that had resulted in her lying in her bed, crying hysterically out loud to no one. She felt as though that she had to empty herself, and she knew perfectly well that this was her way of doing so. She soon crawled under her sheets, turning her phone off, before drifting off towards to sleep, hoping that she would feel less horrible when she woke up.

The sun came breaking through her curtains, as the light fell towards her face, rolling over her tired eyes. She soon opened her emerald eyes briefly, only to see the cloudless blue sky from her window. She slowly rolled over to her stomach, noticing her phone that had been lying on her nightstand for what felt like hours. Her fingers reached for the silver object, as she turned it on again, remembering how she had turned it off in order to disconnect from the world.

Paige looked at the clock on her phone, realizing that it was almost three o’clock in the middle of the day, before she dragged her hand through her long wavy blonde hair. She soon noticed the missed calls she had received from Brian, as she stood up from the comfortable bed, her feet hitting the cold floor within a second. The coldness from the floor stung her bare skin, as she tossed yesterday’s clothes from her body, leaving her in her white elegant underwear, before leaving her phone on the bed. She grabbed a set of clean underwear, before marching towards the shower, figuring that she might need one after the hell she had to put herself through. She turned on the hot water, unclasping her bra and slowly allowing her panties to fall towards the floor. She then grabbed her favourite shampoo, before offering her exposed body to the hot water.

She took her time in shower to let the hot water wash her tired face, before washing her skin with her favourite soap, and her hair with Moroccanoil. She then turned off the water, and wrapped her body in a white towel, before stepping out of the shower, feeling refreshed. Paige opened the door to the bathroom, glaring at her cell phone that was lying on the bed, before returning her look towards the mirror. She looked at the reflection of herself, as she studied the bags that looked less visible now, and her long honey blonde hair that was and that rested against her bare shoulder blades.

Paige soon started to rub a moisturizing cream on her skin, making small circles, before filling in her pores and forehead with her Mac concealer. She easily tossed her foundation brush over her face, reeking the cream all over her face, before finishing her project with a bit of mascara and a nude lipstick.

She then stepped into her underwear, before returning to her room, noticing how the time seemed to crawl slowly away from her, as she opened her closet. She took her time to find create a simple outfit, as she picked a white crop-top and grey sweatpants, before finishing it with white ankle socks.

After brushing away the nasty taste in her mouth, she ended up in her bed once more. Her fingers crawled towards her phone, as she saw Brian’s name flash at her screen once more. She sighed, not able to understand why she felt as though she needed to be away from him. Perhaps to understand how strong her addiction was? Or how strong his longing for her was? She bit her bottom lip, feeling bad for torturing him like this. She felt her phone vibrate against her thigh, as her eyes widened. She felt her palms sweat by the nervous feeling that had landed in the pit of her stomach, as she reached for the phone, placing it next to her ear.

“Hello?” she answered, nervous that he would be mad at her for not answering his earlier calls. “Baby,” he sighed in relief. It was as though he had been trying to reach her for hours without any succeed, which might have been the case to be fair. “I took a ride in the car, and I’m just wandering if you want some company?” by the tone he was using, Paige could easily tell he was mentally begging her to be with her. She felt a smile tug at the corner of his lips by how adorable and lovingly he was. “The door is open, you can just walk in,” she stated, playing with her honey blonde hair locks, while waiting for the click to hit her ears from down stairs.

Knowing him good, she knew that he was probably waiting outside already. Brian soon opened the door, calling out her name, before locking it behind him. “Upstairs!” she commanded, as she stretched out on her bed, waiting for him to join her.

She soon felt a pair of eyes take in the view of her lazy outfit and body lying in the bed, as she heard him chuckle. She could almost imagine his cocky smile, as he walked closer to her. She could smell his cologne briefly pass her mouth, as she felt the bed sink, as he climbed on top of her. She felt her lips stretch into a smile, as his face turned up in front of her.

Brian looked at her, lust reeking from his hazel brown eyes, as he immediately attacked her lips with his own. She felt him force his lips towards hers, while he teasingly tugged on her lips with his teeth, obviously succeeding on his mission, as he chuckled darkly to himself. Paige moaned a bit, as his tongue traced into her mouth, battling for dominance with hers. She buckled her hips towards his, as he squeezed her hips with his skilled fingers, allowing her to experience how good he was at this game.

The experience was magical. It was something beloved in the way he so easily just claimed her lips to him, and graced her mouth with his tongue, while caressing her hip and stomach with his free hand, while using the other one to keep her head in the perfect position for him to please. She moaned once again, this time needing air, as Brian parted their lips, looking into her eyes that were drowning in the lust she had for him, and him only. “Baby,” Brian breathed out, his cool breath rolling over her face, as she smiled at him. “I’m sorry for acting like shit,” she said, as he climbed off her, switching positions with her, so that her chest was resting on top of his chest. He soon slipped his long arms around her torso, before planting a kiss in her wet hair. “And I’m sorry for being a dick to you on the phone last night,” Brian sighed, burying his face in her hair, breathing in the scent of his beloved girl.

“Hey, Bri, don’t think about it,” she whispered, as she allowed her fingers to easily touch his flawless face. Her emerald eyes looked into his hazel brown ones, as she pecked his lips gently, sucking in the scent of his beautiful cologne. “So, we’re cool, right?” he asked, as he looked down at her. She looked so beautiful, so insanely gorgeous that he was scared she could disappear during any minute. “Yes,” she responded, before closing the space between them in a long passionate kiss.

_________________________

Hello, my dear readers! Sorry for a boring chapter, but I'm really in the mood to write now, regardless of the fact that it's 4 o'clock in the morning, but I still hope you enjoy this chapter, and would like to share your opinion with me. Thank you!