26. Disaster Date?

_______________

26. Disaster Date?

 Disaster Date?

"How 'bout... The Flash saves Middle-Aged Man."

"No, too boring," Iris complained, her focus on her laptop as she finished the article we were trying to publish soon.

I rolled my eyes before thinking of a new title, "What about The Flash rescues Prison Inmate."

"No, that's way too harsh!" Iris said in a sharp tone. She is really starting to irritate me.

"Okay!" I huffed out of annoyance, "How about The Flash rescues our Best Friend's innocent imprisoned dad from a crazy kidnapper and as we disregard our best friend's wishes of not publishing this article but hey we live in a bad world with bad people."

"Now you know that's way too long of a title."

"Iris! Are you listening to me?" I slammed her laptop closed. Iris looked up in shock. I took a breath and continued. "Barry specifically asked us, no begged us, not to publish this one article about The Flash because this one involves someone he is very close to. C'mon Iris!"

Iris stood up quickly, "Dan, what the hell is going on with you? Did something happen between you and Barry because I've noticed you act weird whenever anyone mentions him."

"No!" I lied. I still haven't mentioned Barry's strange confession to me and since then I've been freaked the hell out. I started overthinking everything. And I mean everything.

Iris gave me a knowing look before I cracked, "Okay before the whole Henry-kidnapping thing, Barry strangely confessed his feelings for me and somehow knew about my feelings and I've been avoiding him ever since."

Iris' eyes were widened at my rush confession, "But you've liked him for so long, why did you lie? You weren't avoiding him when his father got kidnapped though."

"Because I'm not one heartless bitch Iris! His dad was kidnapped!" I laughed, punching her arm.

"Ow Dani!" Irish laughed, rubbing her arm.  "Let's go find something else to publish, we need to keep our loyal readers entertained."

✦✦✦✦

"Hi, can I please get 10 cronuts and a cup of cappuccino to go." I shot a friendly smile to the rude barista at CC Jitters.

"Are you sure that's all? I mean why don't you just buy all the pastry treats we have to offer. I'm sure that should be enough for the weekend." The barista shot a smile back at me almost mocking my sincere one.

I was in a good mood today and I wasn't going to let anybody ruin it.

"Well since I am Daniella Queen, you know of the famous Queen family. I'm sure I can make some calls and buy the whole of Jitters and do a little reshuffling in, I don't know, staff maybe." I smiled bitterly, letting out a side I never wanted to see again – the infamous Teenage Daniella era.