12. Keeping Up with Daniella Queen

_______________

12. Keeping Up with Daniella Queen

 Keeping Up with Daniella Queen

"I just can't do it, Iris. I can't keep up and it's driving me crazy. They make it seem so easy but I just can't. I've lost a lot of sleep because of it, because of them. Iris, you've got to help me. I'm addicted," I ran my hand through my long blonde hair, taking a deep breath I continued,"I just can't keep up with the Kardashians."

"Did you hear that Kendall–"

"You wicked woman! Do you not listen to me when I speak! I just told you that I couldn't keep up yet you still go on!"

"Dani, have you had coffee yet? Here have some, you sound like you need it. You look like a squirrel with rabies," Iris laughed, pouring some coffee into a mug. Iris is working her shift while I tried editing the next article.

"Oh my gosh, you are so funny. You can totally see the pure joy and happiness on my face from that hilarious joke," I spoke with a monotonous voice and impassive expression, obviously implementing the fact that I was being sarcastic. Iris shrugged me off and proceeded to attend waiting customers.

"So good," I moaned, soaking up the addicting smell of freshly made coffee. I took a sip and moaned again.

"Are done making love with your cup of coffee or would you like more time?" Seth's angelic voice sounded from behind me.

"Hey, Stranger. What brings you to my lovely abode?" my accent suddenly changed to a terrible impression of someone from the Victorian era.

"You live here?" he laughed, crossing his arms over his muscular chest. I could stare at his chest all day...

"Is that what abode means? I thought it meant somewhere you hang out a lot," I blushed, turning back to the laptop, "Well now that I've embarrassed myself and we've gotten that out of the way. What brings you to Jitters?"

"Well I wanted to get something to drink before I head out back into the wild," he held up a camera bag which I assumed was his.

"What's good here?" he asked, plopping on a chair next to me. I shut the laptop closed and sat up straight in my seat, giving him all my attention.

"I strongly suggest the Caramel Iced Mocha. They are to die for! And plus it's a cold beverage that keeps you energized. What more could you ask for?" I chuckled, pointing at the drink on the menu above the till.

"That sounds divine, I think I will get that," he stood up and picked up his camera bag. He opened a zip and pulled out a couple dollar bills. "Do you wanna come with me to find a photo that I need for an article? O-only if you want to. I c-completely understand if you can't." he stuttered his speech.