09. Expired Condom

_______________

09. Expired Condom

"Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight

"Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight."

We walked down the street,"Wait, there's more than one movie scale?"

"Yeah, Zombie movie scale it was like, a four, tops," Barry informed Iris and I. We decided to go watch a movie but they weren't any good movies. We stayed anyway because I refused to walk anywhere else, I didn't bring my car.

"There's a zombie movie scale?" Iris said, amused. I hooked my left arm with Barry's right arm while Iris did the same on the other side.

Barry nodded,"Did you know that zombie exist in nature?"

I rolled my eyes playfully,"There's a species of fungi that infect ants, causing the ants to attack plants that can release spores which in turn infect new hosts," Barry stopped himself from continuing any further.

"I'm going full nerd again, aren't I?" he sighed, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

"Yep."

"Yeah," Iris and I said at the same time.

"It's okay though, You're still the cutest nerd we know. Right, Iris?" I smiled, with no teeth.

"Right," she laughed,"Anyways, I'm a lot more interested in the amazing as of late."

"You mean 'cause of this "streak" thing?" Barry huffed out, slightly irritated.

"He's out there. People are talking about him," Iris said.

"Yeah, he's all the hype at work," I said with annoyance.

"How do you even know he's a he? Maybe it's a she," Barry pointed out.

"It's a man, okay?" Iris defended. She stopped us from walking, let go of Barry's arm and stood in front of us.

"You know I am really intuitive about this kind of stuff," she took a deep breath,"Someone posted a picture after being yanked from a car accident. It's a red blur leaving the scene."

She held her phone up, showing us her screen,"Here, what do you see?"

Instead of seeing a photo of "The Streak", I saw a picture of Eddie.

"We see a picture of your boyfriend calling," Barry said, bluntly. She turned the phone around.

"Oh, I should probably get this. I'm crashing at his place tonight, and he's supposed to leave a key for me somewhere," she explained, "Hey, babe. What's up?" she answered, walking away.