17. The Pink Rose

_______________

17. The Pink Rose

I've never liked to eavesdrop

But somehow I find myself listening in on Seth's conversation. We were at my house and it's pretty early in the morning. We fell asleep cuddling on the couch, watching movies like Scary Movie, The Devil Wears Prada and Olympus Has Fallen.

I woke up feeling cold. His arms weren't wrapped around me, holding me close and making me like it's just the two of us in the whole world. My eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the dark living room.

"I can't tell her just yet!"

Seth's raspy morning voice boomed through the silent house. Curious as to who 'her' was and who he was talking to, I wrapped the thin orange blanket around my body and silently tip-toe over to where the harsh voice came from.

"It's not that I can't trust her, I would trust her with my life if I had to but this is too dangerous!"

Seth stood in my bedroom, pacing up and down. The door was ajar so I could see him slightly. His hair was disheveled, a few strands of hair fell over his eyes. He didn't have his glasses on so I could see the bags under his dark green eyes.

"I know she can protect herself, didn't she go under full combat and weaponry training when her brother disappeared?"

Are they talking about me?

"I can't risk her life like that. I care about her a lot Eddie. I think... I think I may..."

Is he going to say what I think he's going to say? My eyes grew wide as I slowly walked back into the living room. But with my luck, I stepped on a wooden plank that squeaks a lot.

"...I'll talk to you later."

I quickly turned around and jumped for the couch. Landing with a thud, I shut my eyes, ignoring the fact my hair fell right in front of my face. I could hear Seth's footsteps coming towards me.

"Looks like someone got comfortable."

Turns out when I jumped for the couch, I landed with my arms and legs spread out. Seth picked me up bridal style before laying back on the couch with my head on his chest. His warm breath hit my ear as he started whispering.

"I know you're awake."

I challenged myself to not get caught. I stayed absolutely still. I slowed down my breathing and made it looked like I was really asleep. He started to do the most devilish thing I could do. He started planting kisses all over my weak spots.