04. Detective Pretty Boy Saves The Day

_______________

04. Detective Pretty Boy Saves The Day

"So Barry, how was your trip? Did you find proof of the impossible in Starling City, or did you just make my dad mad for no reason?" Iris asked Barry while laughing

"So Barry, how was your trip? Did you find proof of the impossible in Starling City, or did you just make my dad mad for no reason?" Iris asked Barry while laughing. We were heading to S.T.A.R Labs to watch the particle accelerator switch on. Barry was in the middle while I hooked arms with his left and Iris did the same on his right.

"Actually, while I was away. I had the chance to think about... you know... relationships," Barry replied nervously. I was looking straight ahead but from my peripheral vision, I swear it looked like he was looking at me.

He cleared his throat before continuing, "And well, I'm not in one, Dani's not in one and neither are you, and you're my best friend Iris–"

"You're mine too," Iris interrupted him. A big friendly smile evident on her face. She clearly didn't see where he was going with this. A small smile slowly crept its way onto my face.

"I'm still here you know," I feigned a hurt expression. I pouted my bottom lip for effect.

"You're our best friend too Dani," Barry assured, his smile turned into a laugh. I shot a wink and looked forward.

"And Barry, if we weren't your best friends, why else would we be here?" Iris asked, again clearly not evaluating the situation hard enough.

"That's not what I meant," he mumbled under his breath, "What I meant–"

"I know what you're going to say, Barry," Iris once again cut him short.

"You do?" I asked, raising my left eyebrow.

"I'm not sure you do," Barry added. Now I'm intrigued since I wasn't really paying attention.

"Even though we pretty much grew up in the same house together, and we're kinda like brother and sister, because we're not brother and sister, it can get really weird and awkward to talk to me about girls but I just want you to know, that it shouldn't be awkward," Iris paused, looking at me to help her finish.

I finished, "There is nothing that we want more than for you to meet the right person that totally loves and adores you for the amazing guy that you are."

"Took the words right out of my mouth," he shot a pretty convincing fake smile.

"Aw..." Iris and I said in unison.

"Aren't you glad that we know you so well?" Iris rhetorically asked.

"My name is Harrison Wells."

I said, "Shh, it's starting."

Barry fake scoffed, "You didn't even know what was going on today."

"That doesn't mean I can't be excited for you. You have dreamed of watching this and that doesn't mean I can't be happy for you," I whispered back meeting his green orbs.