~ F i f t e e n ~

Dressed in a simple golden-cream lehenga, with minimal make-up on my face, I look into the mirror one last time before sitting quietly by the bed.

The nikah was completed a half hour ago. Yes, I am married now.

My hands turn clammy with the realisation that my husband will be coming to meet me anytime now. Among the loud cheers and celebrations, all I can hear is the loud thumping of my heart and as my Mama, sisters and other relatives leave the room after hugging me and wishing me good luck, the knots in my stomach twist in anxiety.

I fidget with the ends of my dupatta when I hear the door open and close.

Subconsciously, I rise from the sitting position and get a whiff of strong masculine perfume while my lowered gaze takes in my husband's white sherwani and loafers.

I slightly raise my eyes to find twinkling brown ones looking at me tenderly.

"Assalamualaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh," greets my husband in a soft voice.

My eyes widen as I recognise that voice.

"MBBS?" I whisper to myself and there is no time to decipher my emotions as in a state of complete bafflement mixed with sheer happiness, black spots form at my vision and with only one thought on my mind I collide into a hard body before being enveloped by the darkness.

I'm never letting you go...

   THE  END ☆

   ☆ THE  END ☆