Prologue

(press that play button up there and listen to his sweet sweet voice as you read.) Sweet Creature - Harry Styles

Why did I get in that car?

I have plenty of time to question that decision now. There's nothing to look at except the dust particles in the darkness floating past my eyes. Are they dust particles? Maybe my mind is just imagining assorted dots of color to make up for the lack of any color at all. The brain is weird like that, playing tricks on you when you don't know what's really going on. I used to stare at the darkness when I was a little girl, just like I was doing now--my head smacked against the carpeted interior of the car trunk, bouncing at another pothole. I blinked, gasping hot air, suffocating that musty new car smell. Don't think about it. Something else, the darkness. When I couldn't fall asleep, I'd wonder the same thing about those dust particles, slightly mauve, then red and purple, and blue--but mostly grey. All tinted grey.

Note--

I promise I'll stick with this one (I finished my real novel so I don't feel any guilt for wasting countless hours writing whatever this is). I'm even going to promise to upload a chapter every week on Friday nights. That's right. You can trust me. I swear.

And while you're at it, why don't you add this book to your library so you get notified when I post?

Sorry this prologue literally has no information whatsoever about the story, but just you wait, next Friday, you'll see. Either way, you got in the car, no turning back now, sucks being a hostage, I know.

See you soon,

Fruity