“That's when I took the actions you just spoke of. My parents were right. But they were naïve. That bunch had contented themselves with just playing around. The restoration of the glorious Eldian empire would never be realized by them.” Zeke sneered. “Not only did I leave my parents behind, I rose through the ranks of the Marleyan army. I trampled through the lands of Paradis that I should have been saving and killed Eldian after Eldian. Eldia could be restored by making the Marleyan army's plan to retake the Founder a success. Because Marley didn't know that I had royal blood within me. Marley didn't have a clue what would happen if a Titan with royal blood and the Founding Titan contacted one another.”

Anna stared blankly at him, still trying to process every word he said. “So...Reiner...is he...”

“He doesn't know about me. You and a few close friends of mine know.” Zeke said. “I do hope you don't go sharing this information with anyone.”

Anna slowly lowered her head. “You know... I'm pure Marleyan...but I feel nothing but hatred for this wretched island.” she growled. Zeke's eyes flashed behind his lenses. “You're Marleyan? Then...what were you doing on Paradis? I don't remember an Ackerman being one of the Titans we sent out there.”

“It's a long story.” Anna sighed. “I was born here on the far west side on the Kasahara farm.” she spoke quietly. “That's my family name. My father was the richest farmer here for a time being. Until my mom murdered him and...well...sold me to Paradis. She was insane. She believed in Hysteria's abilities to retake the world.”

“What about you?” Zeke asked. “What do you believe?” Anna tapped her fingers agaisnt her skin. “I just want this war to be over. I'm fighting for Paradis. For my people. No matter what blood I have, the people on that island are my family.”

“Then fight with me, Anna,” Zeke offered out a hand. “You don't have to do this alone. You can; but it will be much harder.”

Anna stared at his hand for a solid minute before reaching out and shaking it. “Fine. You're going to help me save Paradis.”

“Now... Someone like Reiner is bound to go poking about and find you here. You'll need to disguise yourself.”

“I can do better than just a disguise.” Anna smiled. “Have you got any hydrogen peroxide?”

Zeke pointed to a supply closet near them. “There might be some in there.” Anna stood up and opened the closet, ruffling through the sea of supplies until she found what she was looking for. “Aha!” she grabbed a bottle of peroxide and a box of black dye. “Perfect.” she grinned, stepping out of the closet.

“Your clothes... You're still wearing your uniform from Paradise Island.” Zeke observed. “Go ahead and use the bathroom upstairs to your right. I'll go and find you some fresh clothing.” he stood up from his place on the floor and left her alone.

Anna went up to the deck above and snuck into the bathroom, locking the metal door behind her. With a soft sigh, she ripped open the box of black dye. “No turning back now...” She whispered, pouring the dye into her hair and rubbing it into every strand.

She left two thick streaks on her hair undyed, instead adding bleach to both of those until they were snowy white. She waited half an hour, then rinsed her hair and dabbed it gently with a towel.

A knock at the door let her know Zeke was back with some proper clothing. She opened it. “I brought a few dresses and some contacts,” Zeke smiled. “I wasn't sure what size you were for either so I just brought a bunch of both—”

“I'll find something that fits.” Anna cut him off and snatched the items away, slamming the door shut.

Piece by piece, Anna stripped herself down, removing her ODM straps, her pants, everything until she was in her underwear. She picked a navy blue and white dress to put on and a pair of brown contacts that perfectly fit her eyes. Upon looking at herself in the mirror Anna found that the person staring back at her was virtually unrecognizable. Not only had she dyed her hair, but she'd cut it too, removing all her gorgeous bangs. 

All of who she was once was fading. “So...what do I call you?” Zeke asked as the two left the ship far behind them. Anna groaned in pain, needing to lean against a building for support. “Agh... something's wrong... My stomach has been aching for days. I can't hold any food down.”

Zeke glanced down at her stomach. “I'm not a doctor— that was my father's job— but...from the looks of it... are you pregnant?”

Anna slowly glanced down to see the bump of her stomach just slightly jutting out. “The fuck? I could've sworn I...it was a phantom pregnancy...ah!” Her brown eyes went wide. “I just felt... something move inside me.”

“Should I take you to the hospital?”

“Just...get me off this street. I don't know the fuck is happening.”

“For a woman, you sure curse a lot—”

“Shut up, Jaeger!” Anna shouted, not wanting to recall how many times she'd actually said that. “Sorry...um... seriously, what do you want me to call you?”

Anna sighed heavily. “I don't... I don't fucking care. Um...Rika is fine. That's my mother's middle name.”

“Rika it is. Rika...Jaeger.” Zeke drawled.

“Fuck. No.” Anna warned him with her voice. “I'm not becoming a Jaeger. I'll die before I do.”

“Fine by me.”

“Wait...Zeke... don't leave me here. I'm in pain...” Anna groaned, her eyes wide as a wave of cramps went through her stomach. “I'm going to vomit...”

“If I take you to the hospital to get treated, they're going to ask who you are. We'll just tell them you're my fiancé that I never told anyone about—”

“Are you implying...” Anna heaved. “That...you're going to father my children?”

Zeke crossed his arms over his chest. “Would you prefer them be taken away by Marley?” Upon Anna's silence he smirked. “I thought not. Well,” he held out his arm for her. “Shall we, Miss Jaeger?”

Anna reached out and slipped her arm into his. “Don’t over use the name.”

”