Chapter 25

Dedicated Chapter Song: I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

And if we should die tonight. Then we should all die together.
(The Survey Corps)

"Put me down! Let me go!" Ruby thrashed violently in her sister's arms. "This is for your own good, Rubianne." Rose coolly replied. "I don't care! You're a liar!"

Hysteria quietly giggled as Ruby was thrown against the top of the outer Wall. "Ara, ara," she crooned. "Such a pitiful young thing. I've come across many brats like you in my lifetime."

Ruby laid flat on her stomach, pressed against the concrete of the Wall, for which she knew what truly laid inside. "Kch..." She sneered, throwing her head back to glare at Hysteria hovering above her. "I want to kill you, brat," Hysteria bluntly admitted. "I want you to die in agony the same way your sister died. I want you to suffer."

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Hysteria outstretched her arms. "I don't need a reason! I just am! I can do whatever I want! And what I want is your power!" she cackled. "The Titans belong to me. I will slaughter you and your little boyfriend to get them. And once I'm done, I'll kill the Armoured, Colossal and Beastial Titans just the same."

"If you think..." Ruby exhaled, slowly getting up to her feet. "That I'll go down that easily... you've got another thing coming, bitch! I'm not scared of you!" she extended out her arm and shot a thunderbolt spear into Hysteria's chest. It obviously didn't kill her but it slowed her enough for Ruby to run from her sister while pulling out her smoke gun. "Come on, Anna," she begged, fumbling with the smoke pellet.

Ruby managed to fire off a purple smoke signal just in time before her sister knocked the gun from her hand and it fell way below to the ground past the Wall. "You continue to defy me, Ruby. You really were better off dead."

Ruby spun on her heel to face her sister. "Rosie... I don't know what Hysteria did to you...but if that's really you...then part of the sister I know is in there somewhere."

"Shut up! You killed me!"

"You wanted me to... You forced me to, Rosie..."

"And now... I'm going to kill you!" Rose laughed, lunging at her sister with her rapier sword. The tip of her sword hit flesh, but it wasn't Ruby's. "Erngh..." Anna groaned, surprised at the amount of pain. "Anna!" Ruby screamed, having been pushed out of the way by her friend.

"Heh...ow...that hurts..." Anna deadpanned, pulling herself off the end of the sword. Since she no longer had her healing ability, the wound was likely to kill her if she didn't tend to it soon. But she didn't have the time.

"Oh, how pitiful," Hysteria laughed, snapping her fingers to make Rose wither away. "ROSIE!" Ruby screams at the pile of dust that her sister had been reduced to. Hysteria sauntered up to the two girls. "I know your precious little husband is hiding around," she crooned eloquently. "Do you think I will kill him? That's an answer that even I don't know."