Chapter 10: Aftermath

"Why? Why are you here!?"

???:"That doesn't matter right now, what matters is that you owe me."

He then punched me square in the face, I fall to the floor with a thud. I try to stand back up but the pain only allows me to kneel.

(Trumpets in the distance)

Soldier:"Run! It's the Gallian Royal army!"

All of the soldiers start panicking, especially since their leader was now dead.

???:"I was told to help you lot but I won't help germans, especially cause you killed us."

"I thought you were dead!"

At this point, Everyone in the Jäger was running towards us.

Lucas:"What the hell is a communist doing here."

???:"I could ask you the same thing fascist."

Lucas:"Ok that's it."

Lucas punched him on the side of the face, then the IS crew started to climb out and run towards us.

???2:" Now you've done it fascist."

It turned into a small brawl between us 8, Marco was staying at the back and their driver was trying to get out through the small hatch.

???3:" Stop! Stop fighting you two!"

I froze, I knew that voice, but why was it here? I turned to look at their driver, I feel the strength leave my legs and fall to the floor.

???:"Nikolai! Get back inside!

Nikolai:"No! I'm not gonna just watch while my friends are fighting with each other!"

We all stopped what we were doing, we looked at Nikolai.

Peter:"Nicholas? But how?"

???:"Thats what you filthy Germans call him? That aside, why do you know this filth Nikolai?"

Nikolai:" Thats because they are my friends."

Arran:"why are you here? I thought you were back in Germany."

Nikolai:" I was, but my family felt unsafe being there. So we sneaked into the Soviet Union where my dad's side of the family is, I stayed with them a couple of days before I got conscripted and sent to the German-Soviet front."

Peter:"Wait, So you were the driver right?"

Nikolai:"Yeah, pretty tough job I must say."

Peter:"Oh my... I'm sorry, I didn't know."

Peter dropped to his knees and started sobbing.

Nikolai:" Oh you mean when we were fighting? That's ok, you didn't know. I didn't feel anything."

Peter started crying harder while Nikolai was trying to comfort him.

???:"Nikolai! Stop mingling with the filth, you're gonna catch something ."

Nikolai:" could we stop fighting? How about you tell them your names."

???:"I refuse to let those fascists know my name."

Nikolai:" No Vodka for a week."

???:"!, fine, Molotov. That's my last name, that's as far I'm willing to go."

Nikolai:" Thats better, next."

???2:"Dimitri, not pleased to meet you."

???3:"Ivan, radio operator."