Chapter 2: Another chance

All I see is darkness, no sound and I don't feel the ground.

"We died...? Is this the afterlife that people say about?"

As I wonder if where I am and why I am I still here, I feel something warm and sticky. I realize that its a tongue, and a long one at that. That's when i heard my name, "Finn!". Every retuned to me, sound, feel and I could see again. I saw who was licking me.

"Choco!"

She was very agitated. I started to look around me to see who was calling me, I then saw everybody running to me.

Arran:" Finn, what happened to us?"

"I don't know, all I saw was that the ammo rack exploded."

Lucas:" Then what the hell is this? Why are we still alive?"

"You all have died, in your world that is."

We all jumped and started looking to where or who those words came from.

Peter:" Who are you? What is this place?"

" I'm afraid the answers to those questions are beyond your comprehention, but I can give you a small, over simplified answer."

Marco:" But you just said that the answers were beyond our comprehention."

Without paying much attention to Marco, he started explaining.

"The place where all of you are currently is the 'gap' , a place that does not exist in the world or space."

"So you are telling us that we are in the middle of nowhere?"

"If that's how you humans understand it as that, then I can't disagree."

Arran:"Next question, who are you? God?"

"I am not the all mighty lord, but rather a minority. There is a huge space between us, I am what you would call supervisor or overseer."

Lucas:" Ok, why did we die? Is it because of something that we did? To punish us?"

"I am in charge of lookin over your world so the people in it do not do too rash. The one before me made for your country to lose the war, to keep them from seizing control of the world."

"It was the reason we started loosing? Ok, what does that have to do with us?"

"You and your friends were to make the war reach a sooner end, you did not join the military to help your country win did you?"

"No, we didn't, not after what happened to Nicholas no."

Marco:"We did it to keep living."

"In the plans, you all would turn against your country. But that will never happen, that leads to you being here. As an apology from the gap, we will give you the chance to live in another world. That is because you make the rather small group of the unwanted deaths, the ones that die because of us not being there."

Arran:" Another world? But what about our home?"

"Do you mean that the place were you all died? Worry not, I will make it so that you dont have to worry about its need such as fuel, ammunition, maintnance, and supplies. This also aplies to your weapons that you carry, that is because to give you a chance to live in the foreign world. The native language will be separate from your own and you will not forget from where you are from."

"We won't have to worry about not being able to defend ourselves, that's reassureing, I think ."

"We are reaching the end of our meeting, you should start getting going"

After he or it said that, our Tiger 1 started materialising in front of us. It was just as a few hours before our deaths.

"Guys, before we go, we need to finish making it our home."

Lucas:"How, we have already put a lot of our things in it."

Marco:" I think he means to do something to say that its ours."

Arran:"Peter, get the paint."

Peter:" A can of paint coming right up :)"

After Peter brought the white lead paint, we where all thinking the same thing. We wrote "Jäger" on the side of the turret, and we put paint on our hands and placed them all around jäger. Choco did the same, although with a little assistance. We put our hands on the barrel of the 88mm and when we were satisfied, we got on our usual spots as it had been for years. Marco ignited engine and soon after that, a colorful circle opened.

"Go through there and begin your new life, I wish the best for all of you."

Marco:" What are your orders Finn?"

"Forward driver!"

The engine roared and we were moving forward, into the unknown.

We were greeted with a forest, it was full of life. Birds singing, trees being rustled in the breeze.

"Marco, cut the engine. We need to analize where we are."

When Marco cuts the engine, I notice Lucas is almost dying from sleep, Peter is holding in a yawn and Arran struggling to keep his up while Choco is already asleep.

" You know what? I think the best option here is to just sleep, I think we deserve it."

"We know" everyone said at the same time, I close my eyes and I was pretty dead. It had been 16 hours since we had slept without worries. Last time we slept was for 45 minutes, and that was 16 hours ago.

(Meanwhile, 300 meters from the Jäger.)

(In the town of Waltzington, southwest from the Jäger.)

"Emilia! We are out of herbs! Could you go to the Earlham forest?"

Emilia:" Yes mother!"

"Oh, and take your little sister with you!"

Emilia:"yes mother, come along Nana."

Nana:"Yay! I get to Ho on a walk with sister!"

Emilia:"We will be back in 30 minutes."

"If you see anything come back immediately, there have been a lot attacks recently."

Emilia:"I know mom, I'm gonna be fine."

*Hugs Emilia
"I just don't want anything to happen to you."

Emilia:" yes mom."

"Now get going, your father is gonna come home hungry."

Emilia:" we'll be right back, right Nana?"

Nana:"yes."

Emilia:"Now, what do I need to get? "

"We mainly need Rosemary, its Northeast of the town."

Emilia:"on it, we will be back soon."

"Take care!"

This is the end of chapter 2, thank you for reading this far. It must be tiresome having to read this terrible story, that's why all I ask is feedback. What can I do more of? What less of? How can I make it better?
It took me a whole day to do this thank you for reading this far, see you in chapter 3!