Arc 3, Chapter 7: Conspiracy

The cold weather was starting to arrive to Janhurst, her room was chilly as the morning sun leaked in through a crack in the curtains.

The young woman began to wake from her sleep, her white hair a mess from the pillows. She rubbed her eyes as she got off the bed, then began getting dressed. She heard two voices speaking from outside the door, then one set of footsteps walking away then a knock on the door.

Knock Knock Knock

"Come in."

The door opened and a young woman walked in, she closed the door behind her and saluted her.

"Chelsea, you don't need to do that with me."

Chelsea: Yes your highness.

Sierra: It's Sierra.

Chelsea: Did you sleep well?

Sierra: A little, it's difficult getting sleep when you left things unfinished the day prior.

Chelsea: Would you like me to bring you breakfast here your high- I mean Sierra?

Sierra: No, just come with me to the study, fill me in on today's news.

Sierra walked out of the room while Chelsea followed behind her, she reached into her satchel and pulled out her notebook.

Chelsea: Southern Dukes confirmed the arrival of emergency relief packages from the hurricane from last month, but they claim it's not enough.

Sierra: How is it not enough? I approved for 10 percent extra!

Chelsea: They argued that the population on the census is smaller than the current population.

Sierra: We just made the census two years ago, ugh what else.

Chelsea: The Marquis of the north apologizes that this month's Iron and Coal production was unable to meet the demand.

Sierra: That means we have to ration the coal for the lower classes, we'll open charcoal reserves as we need.

They arrived at the study, Chelsea produced a key from her belt and inserted it into the lock and opened the door.

A desk was placed in front of a window, it was cluttered with all forms of documents.

Sierra: I thought the majority of my problems were dealing with the fallout from my Father's death, then once that started getting better the situation with Lakis happened.

She sat down on the chair behind the desk as she began sorting through the documents on the desk.

Sierra: Vincent's little "operation" scared the nobles so that I am back to where I first started, who were with him?

Chelsea: It would be a group of foreigners with weapons similar to those of the CRS (Classified Retaliation Squad), I only got their first names.

Sierra: The same from the CRS? Do you know where they currently are?

Chelsea: I'm afraid not, last time I saw them they were in Freypost, north of Vongrad.