Arc 3, Chapter 3: Death In The Family

Vincent slowly regained consciousness, with his impaired vision he saw Chelsea over him. She was bandaging the wound on his body, she noticed that he was waking up.

Chelsea: You're finally awake, I've exhausted my mana so this is the best I can do.

She produced a small bottle with a red liquid inside it and had him drink it, Vincent felt the liquid heat up inside him as it started flowing through him.

Chelsea: Where's the other one? Weren't there two others with you?

Vincent tried to get up but the pain stopped him.

Chelsea: Careful, this "rifle" made quite a bit of damage, Molotov got a collapsed lung.

Vincent: So that's where she got the rifle, is he ok?

Chelsea: Yeah he's ok, I found him in time on the ground coughing blood. Where's Finn?

Vincent pointed at the traces of blood on the edge, Chelsea looked back at him understanding.

Chelsea: They aren't going to take this lightly.

Chelsea helped him up and had him lean on her, they started making their way back to the surface. They left the manor towards the tanks, they both saw the wreckage of the tiger. It's front was deformed and the room was torn up and missing it's turret, the Germans were salvaging what they could while the Russians tended to their commander.

Vincent: Dear God.

They noticed them approaching and started walking towards them.

Arran: Where is he?

Chelsea and Vincent hesitated.

Arran: I said where is he?

Vincent: He.. didnt make it.

Luna walked up to him and slapped him across the face, Chelsea tried to retaliate but Vincent stopped her.

Luna: You bastard.

Vincent: I'm sorry.

Peter: A sorry isn't gonna bring him back, this whole operation was your idea, and you failed in both of it's objectives.

Arran: You're lucky that Molotov is still alive, otherwise we wouldn't be the only ones you would have to worry about.

They settled in for the night as they were exhausted, they made a fire and made some food. Molotov was doing better as he was able to breathe more easily, they all started going to sleep while Chelsea offered to keep the fire lit.

Vincent: I need some time alone, if anyone asks, just say what I told you and that I'll be back later.

Chelsea nodded and continued to tend the fire while Vincent walked towards the manor.

---

Terra hugged her daughters tightly once they got to their destination, she gave them a happy loving smile as she did.

Terra: You were all amazing, all of your performances were spectacular!

Esther: Thank you mother.