Crescent 5: The Household of Allah(1)

"

"...pray for the Muslim ummah; treat their elderly with respect, their young with compassion, and their scholars with reverence."

(Umar Series)

__________________________________

At the far east wing was a region of the estate filled with the most appealing scenery. It comprised a large garden, with a flamboyant array of exotic scented blossoms, and a fish pond filled the most exquisite-looking sea creatures.
A young girl of late adolescence stood at the brink of the pond, feeding the carps and the lot swimming within, and also the ducks and fowls that surrounded it, treading at her feet.

The animals seemed to have no fear of her, but rather approached her with fondness, and excitement. With her was a younger sister dressed in azure gown and a black abaya draped around her as she aided her elder sister in her chores.

It was morning, a little after sunrise.

This was Aasiyah, and her elder sister who exuded a beauty and grace, Maryam. Even as Maryam gently fed the ducklings with apparent fondness, Aasiyah looked at her with deep admiration. With her black chador draped all around her deep violet gown, she indeed looked spellbinding, like an ethereal dark rose.
Of all the ladies in the family, to Aasiyah, Maryam was the most gentle and kind. With a delicate nature and captivating beauty, her additional moon-like fairness made it seem like she was an otherworldly beauty come to fill the world with charming goodness.

"What do you think of Arkaan..?"Maryam softly asked, even as she fed the little creatures meticulously.

"Wait, what?!!.."

Aasiyah was caught off guard, her mind racing with several thoughts, and her heart churning like a stormy sea.

Maryam looked at Aasiyah's flustered face and gently laughed, her voice as clear and soothing as spring breeze. In a sudden fluid movement, she reached over to Aasiyah and had her sister's fair soft cheeks in both palms.

"Wa na'uudhu billah(and we seek refuge in Allah)"She said, looking straight into her younger sister's intelligent eyes,"Not that, Sheikha!" Maryam laughed again, gently covering her mouth.

She knew Arkaan was gorgeous so much that her sharp-witted younger sister had become flustered just by hearing his name; but that was not what she had in mind.

"I mean his Qur'an recitation. I heard you and Abdullah had spent some time with him yesternight, even as he read the Qur'an.

I also heard from Zak that you both had instructed him in tajweed lessons.

The people who stood with him in salah, including our own family members did not cease to praise his voice in recitation..."

Aasiyah softly chuckled,"I think people have exaggerated him a bit too much."