Chapter Eighteen

Minhos POV

To be honest I felt like I was about to pass out. The last few days all I could think about was the fact than Chan had actually kissed me, because he genuinely wanted to. And in ten minutes he would be picking me up for our date. Every few seconds I would have a mini freak out, the past 24 hours it felt like I hadn't stopped smiling. I paced around my bedroom and tried to stop my hands from shaking. I was more excited than nervous, I just didn't want to mess anything up or say something stupid. I grabbed my phone and called Jisung, thinking he could help calm me nerves in some way.
"Yo."
"Help I'm freaking out."
"Why? I thought you'd be excited?"
"Of course I am I'm just nervous, I don't want to do anything that will mess up the whole night or drive him away and uggggh I'm scared."
"If it makes you feel any better, I'm literally where you guys are going tonight."
"What why?"
"Me, Seungmin, and Hyunjin had to help him with some stuff, it's pretty dumb and cliche but I think you will really like it."
I smiled and told Jisung I had to go. I waited another few minutes before I heard a knock on the front door, followed by the voice of my father, then Channie. I looked in my mirror and looked at my outfit was simple, I had on a black and white stripped sweater, then a pair of normal black jeans, not those skinny jeans Jisung had bought me. But I was wearing the choker, that item I actually liked, and maybe I had put on the tiniest bit of eyeliner. I took a deep breath and put my phone in my pocket, opening my door slowly. I walked down the hall to see Chan standing in the doorway, laughing about something with my dad. Seeing them get along made me smile, my dad was good to me and had never once hated the thought of me dating boys, but I knew he liked the thought of me dating Chan, he thought he was a good influence. Chan stopped talking when he looked over at me, a smile formed on his face.
"Well I think I will leave you boys to it, I'll see you tomorrow son, have a good time." Dad said, shaking Chans hand and walking into the kitchen.
"Hey."
"Hey."
"Are you ready to go or..?"
"Yes." I blushed and Chan took my hand in his, I still wasn't used to the feeling, but I liked Chans hands, they were warm, and as cheesy as it is to say they made me feel safe.
I got in the passenger seat as we got in the drivers side, turning to me before starting the engine.
"Before I start driving I gotta ask you to do something." He said, looking kinda serious.
"Oh..kay." Chan reached into the back seat and pulled out what looked like a piece of black material.
"Don't laugh, but I kinda need to blindfold you." He said. I burst out laughing I didn't even know why, maybe because of how serious he looked.
"Shut up! Now turn around so I can tie it up." He said. I grinned and turned around, he had really put a lot effort into this had he.
"Defiantly didn't expect you do have a blindfold kink." I said as he placed the blindfold over my eyes, laughing when he hit my shoulder.
I turned back and blindly put my seat belt, I giggled when I felt Chan place a kiss on my cheek before starting the car.

"Can I have a clue?" I asked
"No."
"Why noootttt."
"Because its a surprise."
"At least tell me how long it will take to get there."
"About ten minutes."
The rest of the drive there was mostly me trying to guess where we were going, Chan shutting down each answer every time.
"Okay we're here, but you still have to keep the blind fold on for a little longer." He said. I sighed and sat in the car, waiting for him to help me get out. The door opened and it took a good minute for me to actually get out, Chan deciding it was funner to laugh then actually help me. He made up for it by grabbing my hand and hopefully taking me in the right direction.
"I swear to god you better not run me into a pole or this date is cancelled." Chan laughed but moved closer to me, "Trust me, we're almost there."
I really did have no idea where we were, but I had realised that we were outside. Then Chan stopped walking. "We're here." He said, he sounded nervous, maybe worried that I wouldn't like what he had prepared. Little did he know that I really couldn't care less where we went as long as I was with him.
"Are you gonna take the blindfold off?"
"Yes I'm just nervous."
Then he sighed and went behind me, I could feel his hand shaking as he slowly untied it. Then I opened my eyes and almost felt as if my heart had stopped. We were at the Han river, in the gigantic park. Facing the water was a circular outdoor bed, ontop of it was a pizza box, a bunch of board games that me and Chan always play when I went over. Then I looked at the trees around us, each one had pretty golden fairy lights, I think one was supposed to be a heart, another one had the letter M on it. There was a little stereo next to one softly playing "Its You" by Henry. I don't know why but I felt tears well up in my eyes. It was such a simple set up but it was absolutely perfect, I could see how much effort he had put into everything, no one had ever done anything like this for me.
"Do you like it? I'm sorry if its too-"
"No no no I love it, its perfect Channie." I said, turning to him and resisting the urge to kiss him.
"Wait are you crying?" He asked, looking worried. I laughed and wiped my eyes, hoping I wasn't messing up my eye liner. "No its just, I'm so happy." I smiled, Chan smiled back, taking my hand and leading me over to the bed with what seemed like a hundred pillows. I sat cross legged on it and looked out at the river, the sun set making it look even more beautiful then it usually was.
"Um here this is for you." Chan mumbled, handing me a red rose that he had cut all the thorns off. I smiled and hugged him, "You're so cute." He blushed and I laughed, putting the rose next to me,
"I may as well get to the point so." He said, sitting across from me and holding both of my hands. "This is pretty obvious but, I like you, a lot, like a whole lot and I have since our first kiss but I was too stupid to realise it, the reason I kissed you a second time was because I wanted to see if thats how I really felt, and sure enough that kind of clarified everything. And I feel horrible for how I used to treat you, I'm really sorry."
It was hard for my brain to even process what he was saying. I was expecting but still, Chan liked me, he actually liked me? My heart was racing and I had no idea what to even say back.
"And I guess I should mention that you have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen and whenever I see you smile or hear you laugh it makes me so happy, I'm kinda bad with expressing stuff but I haven't felt this for anyone else before, and I know I'm being cringey and everything but I really really like you and I didn't know how to tell because I thought that you wouldn't feel the same and who knows maybe you actually don't and-"
"Channie?"
"Yes"
"I like you too stop being so paranoid." I told him, smiling as I reached up to play with his hair, putting my hand back down when I realised that was weird, Chan noticing and laughing. I took a deep breath and tried to plan what I was going to say, before giving up and deciding to just go with it.
"I've liked you for a year now silly, I've given you so many hints the last few months I really thought you would have realised." Chans eyes widened when he heard me say a year, making me smiled.
"A year? But why? I'm nothing like those people you dated."
"Thats why I like you, because you don't try to be someone else, you caught my guy because you weren't like everyone else at school, you don't follow all the mainstream stuff and you never got caught up in drama or tried to fit in, I knew you wouldn't like me because of how I acted thats why I was a jerk to you, because at least you were acknowledging that I existed, stupid, I know. And if I'm honest part of the reason I got into so many meaningless relationships was because I wanted to find someone that made me feel the way you did, but no one did. And if I'm honest they didn't really give a damn about me, maybe except for Jisung, I did feel really bad about hurting him, I knew he actually cared. When Hyunjin told me that you were gonna be president I pretty much begged my dad to let me be on the school council, I thought that way I could get close to you and it actually worked." Chan still looked shocked, even after all that explaining, but I thought it was cute.
"Oh and fun fact Jisung has knows for a real long time, he got me in that stupid black biker outfit because he thought it would impress you."
"Oh my god did he really? Ughhhh I know why." Chan groaned and covered his face.
"Did you perhaps give him this idea?" I smirked.
"I may have mentioned something.."
"Tell me!!!" I giggled, grabbing a pillow and repetively hitting him with it.
"Okay! I said you would look hot wearing a biker outfit are you happy now?" I dropped the pillow and smiled, I wasn't expecting that. I leaned in and whispered in his ear, "Did I?" His breath hitched and his face and ears became red.
"M-maybe a little." He stuttered, a laughed at his flustered state and kissed his cheek to apologise.

"Minho?"
"Yes baby." This once again made the idiot flustered.
"The pizza is gonna go cold."

And for almost two hours we sat there together, laughing and eating like we always do, except this time we knew how each other felt, and it made the atmosphere so much brighter.
"And you beat me again, for the seventh time." I sighed as I dropped all of my scrabble pieces onto the board, Chan rejoicing that he had won again. By now it was dark, but the park was still buzzing with life, there were a lot of people here for a Tuesday night. I looked up at Chan, the fairy lights providing enough light for us to see each other.
"Can I kiss you?" I asked him, even after all this I was still scared that I was gonna scare him away.
"You don't have to ask stupid."
I smiled and moved some hair out of his face, moving my hand down to his cheek. Then I leaned in and pressed my lips against his, he responded right away, kissing me back and placing his hands on my waist, pulling me closer. I couldn't really explain how it felt to be kissing him, if felt like sparks were going through my body, making me feel a good type of nauseous, and making my heart feel like it was getting hugged. I rested one hand on his shoulder, deepening the kiss slightly. This kiss felt different to out past ones, it was more passionate, more loving. Maybe because neither of us were holding back, we knew how each other felt now. I felt Chan smile against my lips, making me feel all warm and fuzzy. I finally pulled away to catch my breath, still keeping my face close to his. I laughed, not because something was funny, just because of how happy I felt.

Chan and I kissed a few more times before leaving, him telling me that the others would come and pack everything up since they've apparently been at the park this whole time. And instead of taking me home we both went back to his house, Chan telling me that his parents when and stayed in Busan together for the first week of break.

And that night night I fell asleep in the arms of the person I cared for most, even receiving a goodnight kiss.

-

I haven't really got anything to write except for a hope you enjoyed! I've literally been planning this chapter for like a month now so I was real excited to write it.

Sweet Talker♡ - Minchan/ChanhoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara