Chapter Sixteen

Chans POV

Tonight would be my first ever high school dance. I knew this day would come eventually, I couldn't avoid them forever. Maybe if this happened last year my anxiety would be consuming me, but I was calm and actually excited. Because of a certain person.
"So are you going to actually make some kind of move tonight?" Seungmin asked as he fixed the obnoxiously big pirate hat that was his head.
"Pshh me? Make a move? Yeah no I barely manage to form sentences around him." I said as I struggled to put blue eye contacts in.
"Come on you gotta at least do something, you realise we all saw your little moment at skating last week, why don't you just kiss him already? I'm tired of waiting." My cheeks heated up at the thought of last week.
"Did everyone really see that?" I cringed and glared at Seungmin when he started laughing.
"Chan?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think Minho likes you back?"
"I'd be stupid to get my hopes up like that, he most likely just sees me as his best friend or something, thats why not I don't wanna try anything, I don't want to scare him off." I sighed, sitting on my bed after finally putting my contacts in and applying fake blood to the edge of my mouth.
"Are you forgetting that he literally asked you to be his date tonight?" Seungmin mentioned.
"Yeah but its like a friend date, like how the rest of you are going in a group."
"Chan, sweetie, if it was a friend date he wouldn't have asked you, we would have just gone as a full group, what about the flirty comments he always says? I know you probably think it but he doesn't say that stuff to anyone else, you're always his first pick, even before Hyunjin and Seungmin. Why are you so bad at noticing this stuff." It felt as if everything froze after Seungmin said that, his words playing in my head on a constant loop. Had I really been that oblivious? Why did I never notice the things that Seungmin told me?
"Do you actually think....... he likes me?"
"Yes dumbass, the only reason you don't notice is because you're too scared to get your hopes up, everyone can tell you both got it bad for each other."
I couldn't stop smiling, I felt almost sick with happiness. Maybe, just maybe, Minho did feel the same, maybe this wasn't another hopeless one sided love story. I started to laugh, a laugh full of so much genuine happiness. I felt giddy, like a teenage girl in a cliche high school movie.
I was interrupted by the door bell ringing. My eyes widened and so did Seungmins.
"Your boys here?" He grinned and got up.
"And so is yours." I winked as he punched my arm. "Don't worry Minnie, your secret is safe with me."
"Tell anyone and I will set your house on fire." He said, pointing his finger at me. I laughed and nodded.

We walked downstairs and I took a breath before opening the door.
"Hey darling." Minho smiled, I was thankful for the pale makeup.
"You look nice." I said, the two boys that were coming in Minhos care with us had already gone outside, probably awkwardly complimenting each other since neither of them know how to communicate. Minho and I had our matching dumb vampire outfits, but of course Minho had managed to make it look good. I had to admit, his dark eye makeup was kinda hot.
"You know I don't think I was ready for you to have dark hair yet." Minho said, playing with my now chocolate brown locks.
"Its only semi permanent, it probably wont last that long."
"You look perfect with any hair colour." He smiled. I blushed and playfully hit his chest as I walked past him and out to the car.
Minho got in the drivers seat, I sat in the passengers seat, then Seungmin and Jisung sat in the back.
"Are you feeling nervous at all?" Minho asked me quietly, turning up the radio.
"No no, I'm okay." I smiled, Seungmins word still in my mind. Minho looked please with this, although it was dark, his smile seemed to light up the whole car.
We talked the whole way there, and I thanked the universe for Minho being so easy to talk to. The two in the back were still struggling.

The whole school was full of decorations, not just the hall. Seungmin and Jisung went ahead, leaving Minho with a now anxious me. We stood in front of the gym door for almost two minutes, me trying to muster up the courage to actually in.
"Channie?"
"Yes?"
"If at any point you want to go home, we can you know I wont mind, we can do what we did last." I had almost forgot about that, when Minho stayed with me at my house instead of going to the dance. I don't know how I ever saw Minho as selfish and cruel, I hated myself for ever thinking that. I now saw him for who he real was, he was kind and selfless, and I knew right then, in front of that hall, I was falling for him.
"Thank you."
Then I did it, I opened the door. It was loud, way too loud, the flashing lights and the amount of people was already making me anxious. Then my once lonely, shaking hand, wasn't alone. I looked down, to see Minho's hand holding mine. It was gently, like how you would hold hands with a small child. No fingers were intertwined, his grip wasn't firm. It was just gentle.
Minho, the hold handing anti, was holding my hand.
And because of him, everything was okay.