Chapter Four

Chans POV

"Chan can you actually listen to us for once?" Changbin said, snapping his fingers in my face. "Oh sorry" I mumbled, trying to figure out what we were talking about. Minho hadn't been at school all week and it might be worrying me a little. Not because I cared, because tomorrow we had to set up for the dance thing and I couldn't do it alone. Also Hyunjin and Felix had been sitting with us since Minho hadn't been here. I didn't realise that Changbin seemed to be friends with Felix.

It was weird, does this mean Minho would be sitting with us too when he comes back?
I realised I was spacing out again and tried to join back into the conversation.
"So then Jeongin poured a whole bucket of water of Jisung and Woojin" Changbin said as everyone laughed.

The whole day felt like a blur, I couldn't focus on anything. Usually at break I would be starting conversations, not staying out of them; and in class I would be doing my work, not staring at it and daydreaming. All I could do was worry about tomorrow, there's no way I would be able to get all that work done by myself.
But maybe I also worried about Minho, he surprisingly never missed school, so it was weird for him to be gone for that long.
It's only been four days you need to chill.
As I was walking out of school I saw Hyunjin leading against his locker. I cautiously approached him, I still didn't know him that well and wasn't sure how to talk to him.
"Uh hey" I said awkwardly.
He looked up from his phone and smiled, making me feel a little calmer.
"Hi Chan" He said, putting his phone in his pocket.
"Hi um, I know I shouldn't annoy you with this but you wouldn't have any idea where Minho has been? It's just we need to set up tomorrow and I don't think I could do it by myself" I said, walking with him as we walked down the front stairs.
"I'm sorry, it's not my place to tell but I can assure you that he will be there tomorrow" He told me, easing my anxiety for a bit.
Not my place to tell? What's that supposed to mean?
Now that I thought of it, he's dad hadn't been at school either.
"Are you sure he will?" I asked.
"Yeah, he wouldn't want to disappoint you" Hyunjin smiled.
We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

As soon as I finished dinner that night I ran upstairs to my room.
I pulled out my phone and went on Minho's contact. I know Hyunjin told me he would be there but I had to check for myself just to know for certain.

He answered straight away.
"Hey Channie" He said in a quiet voice, almost like he was whispering.
"Hey, how are you?"
"Caring for me now are we?" He laughed. "I'm good thanks cutie, how are you?"
"Stressed, please tell me you will be there tomorrow"
"Why would I ever miss out on spending a day with my favourite person?" He giggled, making me smile.
"Why haven't you been here?" I asked, maybe just maybe, I cared a little.
"Nothing you need to worry about Channie," I could hear voices in the background, it didn't sound like he was at home.
"Where are you? Whose with you?"
Minho laughed and replied, "You sound like my mother."
"I'm just curious, it doesn't sound like you're at home."
"It doesn't matter, what does matter is being cute and worrying about my whereabouts"
"Well duh I thought we were supposed to be friends of course a teeny tiny piece of my cares a bit about where you are, I'm not that heartless" I mumbled, trying to figure out where he was judging by the noises in the background.
"Cutie pie" He said, his voice going even quieter.
"Don't call me that, and why can I hear beeping?" I asked, only just picking up the sounds in the background.
"Like I said, you don't have to worry, I'm sorry Channie but I need to go, I promise I will be there tomorrow"
"Okay, uh, goodnight"
"Goodnight, sleep well" He whispered before hanging up.

I stayed up half the night worrying, where the hell was he? Why was he being so secretive about it?

-

I woke up to the awful sound of my parents singing coming from the kitchen. I groaned and rolled out of bed, it was 6:30am.
Today was the day that me and Minho had to set up for the school dance that I wasn't even going to.
The principal (Minho's dad) had given the school a day off, knowing that they would complain about not having enough time to prepare for tonight. And Minho had somehow convinced him to let us stay there by ourselves there all day with 0 super vision.