Chapter Seventeen

Chans POV

I once had tried to avoid Minho, with the dance being on a Friday night I managed to have two days to myself, but they went by too quickly, and now I stood here in the mirror on Monday morning, wasting time so Dad would have to take me to school late. It's not like I regret kissing him, I just didn't know how to deal with it. He might not even like me like that, maybe he kissed me back because he felt bad? Or maybe I just couldn't believe that he would actually like me back, like Seungmin said.
"How much longer are you going to be?" Dad called out from downstairs. I had already gotten dressed and brushed my teeth and hair, for the past ten minutes I had just been standing here trying to figure out what I could say to a certain boy.
After another ten minutes of procrastinating I finally grabbed my bag and went downstairs, Dad complaining about me being late as he rushed out to start the car. At least I wouldn't have to see Minho until break.

I walked into science and sat in my spot beside Changbin and Woojin.
"Why are you late? You're never late." Changbin said, already picking up that something was wrong.
"I'll you later." I mumbled, Woojin and Changbin made eye contact, both looking concerned.
For our science lesson we had to walk around the school and take photos of mold or something like that, which says a lot about the condition the school is in.
"So what happened?" Woojin asked as we walked out the back of the school and sat outside, half our class already hiding out here and sitting on their phones.
"I'm avoiding Minho." I said as if it wasn't obvious.
"Why? The last time you avoided him was when you-"
"Kissed him? Yeah it's also for that reason." I said, the two of them stared at me, the mouths open like shocked anime characters.
"WHEN OH MY GOD?!" Woojin shouted, getting attention from the others around us.
"Shut up! It was after the dance when he dropped me home I wasn't even thinking and now I don't how to face him." I sighed.
"Did he kiss you back?" Changbin asked.
"Yesss.." I smiled, remembering what that felt like.
"THEN WHY ARE YOU WORRIED?!" Woojin asked, once again forgetting that we weren't alone.
"Because I don't know what to say to him!"
"Tell him you like him! He obviously likes you back he even talked about you kissing him to Ji- oh wait." Changbin said, making my heart stop.
"He talked about it with Jisung? What did he say?!"
"I don't know okay, but Jisung may have messaged me on Saturday screaming about how you kissed Minho."
"So you don't know what he said about it? Other than he told Jisung?" I asked, "Why did he tell Jisung in the first place?"
"Thats a stupid question he talks to Jisung about everything, if you want to know what Minho said ask Jisung in History next."
I nodded and turned to Woojin who was still sitting there shocked.
"But anyways this still doesn't help, what am I supposed to say to him? I got no classes with him today but I'll still have to see him at break and its part of out routine to walk home together everyday so I'll have to talk to him about it eventually. And I don't want to make up another dumb excuse."
"Well just bring it up and ask him how he feels about it, then go from there. I highly doubt that he wouldn't feel the same, theres too much evidence that supports the fact that he likes you. And instead of confessing your love to him right then and there you could you ask him out on a date or something for tomorrow night and tell him then." Woojin said.
"Thats actually a good idea." I smiled.

Changbin and I rushed to History together, finding Jisung at the back of the class straight away and sitting with him.
"Why do I feel like this is an interrogation?" He asked, looking between me and Changbin.
"What did Minho say to you about me kissing him? Was he disgusted?" I asked.
Jisung laughed as he pulled his books out of his bag. "Disgusted? Thats funny."
"Cmon Jisung put Chan out of his misery." Changbin said, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"No he wasn't disgusted dumbass stop being so paranoid, I woke up on Saturday morning with like two hundred messages from him about it, he was freaking out."
"Freaking out in a bad way as in ew Chan kissed me or OMG Chan kissed me?" Changbin asked.
Jisung ignored the question, quietly laughing as he wrote notes.
"Jisung please, you know how anxious this making me." I said, hoping the anxiety-card would work.
Sure enough he sighed and turned to me, "Look it's not my place to say but it defiantly wasn't a bad reaction, he wasn't disgusted or uncomfortable, I saw him in person yesterday and I can assure you that he was happy about it." I smiled and rested my head on the desk, that was all I needed to know.

The nerve free me lasted for the rest of the History lesson, then the bell went and I felt like I was gonna throw up.
"You'll be fine, just sit across him next to me." Jisung said, linking arms with me and walking out of the classroom.
"Sit across from him so I can stare at his pretty eyes for a whole half an hour? Yep great idea that wont be awkward at all." I said sarcastically.
Luckily we had gotten to our table before Minho and Felix, I sat next to Jisung knowing that in a few seconds I would be sitting across from the boy I had kissed.
Sure enough he walked in with Felix, making eye contact with me straight away. I kept my eyes fixed on my food as he sat across from me. Felix started telling everyone about his weekend so at least there wasn't an awkward silence. At lunch me and Minho were usually in out own world, having our own conversations and laughing at things.
Minho was looking at Felix as he spoke, yet as soon as I looked up at him he turned to look at me. I felt my face go red, mentally cursing myself for blushing so easily. Minho seemed to realise this and smiled, calming my nerves. I smiled back. I moved my right arm back as I went to move my food, coincidentally touching Minhos hand.
Minho had looked up, as if making sure that everyone was still looking up the table at Felix. Then he held my hand, like he had done at the dance. I laid my head on my arm, and Minho did the same. He was giggling as he played with my fingers, each small touch making my heart flutter.
Felix had finished talking and the attention was now on Jeongin but I was pretty sure everyone had seen.
Minho and I sat there silently, both of us then laughing when we compared our hand sizes, his being significantly smaller than mine. I held his fingers, my thumb gently making circled on the top of his hand. Minho giggled again, whispering "That tickles."
We stayed like that pretty much the whole of break, the smile on my face never leaving. Because I couldn't help but think that this was Minho trying to comfort me, telling me that I wasn't the only one with these dumb feelings.

-

The day went by quickly, I didn't see Minho at break because him and Felix got detention for apparently disrupting the class. But when I walked out of school I saw him standing in his usual spot, waiting for me.
I took a deep breath and walked over, it was now or never.
"Hi." I said awkwardly.
"Hi." He smiled back. We started walking and only started talking when we were well away from any other students.
"Channie?" I knew what he was gonna say?
"Yes?"
"Are we going to talk about what happened?" He asked, looking a little worried.
"Oh yeah that." I said, trying to remember what I had been planning to say.
"Whats the reason this time?" He looked sad almost, like he thought I was going to make up an excuse or say it was a dare.
"Because I wanted to."
"And why would you want to?" He asked.
I looked up and realised that were at my house. I sighed and grabbed his hand, walking up the front porch and sitting on the swinging chair thing, him sitting beside me.
"Minho."
"Yes?"
"Can I explain everything tomorrow night?"
"Whats tomorrow night?"
"Um.... I was going to ask if I could ah.. um... pick you up at like five thirty tomorrow and take you somewhere?" I asked, an idea popping into my mind.
He stared at me for a few seconds, like he couldn't process what I just said.
"Are you asking me out? Like on a date?" I sudden smile formed on his face.
"............Yeah?"
Minho stood up, pulling me up with him.
"And this isn't a prank or a dare or anything?" He asked.
"No Minho, I am genuinely asking you out." I said.
Then he threw his arms around my neck and pulled me into a tight hug. I laughed and hugged him back.
He pulled away and looked at me, I had never seen him so happy.
"What do I wear? Do I bring anything?"
"Something warm, and you don't have to bring anything." I looked and saw him pinch his arm which I thought was weird. Then the idiot started jumping around like an excited child.
"You're gonna scare the neighbours." I said, trying to contain my laughter.
"I'm sorry! I gotta go now but I'll see you tomorrow night." He said happily and started to walk down the steps.
"Won't I see you at school?" I asked.
"Were on break now silly, remember? We literally complained last week about how they didn't just give us today off."
"Oh right, bye!"
He stopped when he was on the fourth step and walked back up to me. I thought he was going to hug me again when he out his arms around my neck, but I was pleasantly surprised when he leaned in and kissed me instead. It only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to make my heart freak out.
He pulled away and grinned. "See you tomorrow."
I watched as he skipped down the street, I laughed and shook my head.

As soon as I got inside I called Changbin and Jisung, asking them to help me for what I have planned for tomorrow.

-
The next chapter is gonna be hella gay are you prepared for the sappy cringey confessions I don't think you are