Emotions

(LAO)

Chong drove us back into his building where his apartment is located. The one with high walls to fully secure the place.

Chong dragged me inside the building. I numbly followed him. Still in awe about how angry Chong is. Chong is madly furious...at me.

We rode the elevator. Up into the fourth floor and into his apartment.

Chong even dragged me to his bed. He released me and made me sit there.

"Stay here...I will come back and then we will talk," Chong said before turning away.

I stood up hastily from the bed. "Please don't go back to that place." I said.

Chong stopped to face me again. Confusion on his face. "What?"

I swallowed hard. "Stay here. Don't meet Tan Zhou. Just stay here with me. If you are angry at me because I lied, that is okay. I will take your anger."

Chong stared at me like he doesn't know this person talking to him.

"You will take my anger?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes..."

"But I am not angry at you, though. I am disappointed at you, Lao. But I am angry at someone else." Chong clarified that to me.

Oh. So he is not angry at me. I see.

He is angry...at Tan Zhou then.

But still...

"Don't meet him. Please," I bravely walked closer to Chong to reach out and hold his hand. "Stay here..."

Chong sighed, "I don't know what is going on with you, Lao, but I think we have to talk about this later. Let me just finish this first..."

"No! Stay here!" I felt my heart beating faster as an ugly feeling settled in my chest. "Don't meet him...Chong ah..."

"Lao!" Chong shouted my name. I flinched and step away from him. "Snap out of it and wait for me here. Do you understand? I will just finish this and I swear to you, this will be the last time this will be an issue between us."

But I don't want Chong to meet Tan Zhou. They knew each other for almost a decade. They had a past.

Oh my ugly jealousy filling my being again.

I bowed my head and closed my eyes as tears formed there. I don't know what is happening with me anymore. Why am I like this? Why?

I sniffed. Then I felt Chong lifting my face. "Lao...are you...why are you crying?"

My tears turned to sobbing. "I don't know!" I angrily pushed Chong's hands from my face. I opened my eyes to glare at him. "Go on! Run back to him! See him! Go!" I shouted at him.

Chong gave me a shocked look. "Lao..."

I turned my back on him. I climbed on the big bed and sat cross legged on top of it. I snatched a pillow and hugged it to my chest. "Just go! I hate you..." I sniffed and buried my face on the pillow in my arms.

I heard feet shuffling and the bed wobbled as Chong climbed on it too. He sat behind me and hugged me from the back.

"What is going on with you?" He asked gently as he kissed my temple.