Parting Ways

(CHONG)

The Crown Prince has finished his task in the hospital after three days and a half of staying there. More than seeing the Crown Prince and his Consort happy that the whole process was done in great discretion and success, I feel more relieved for Lao's sake.

When the doctors declared that the process was done and the Crown Prince could be discharged from the facility, Lao's face lit up in elation.

"Its done. Its over." Lao grinned happily at me. "Now, all we need to do is escort Qing and Dayu back to the capital so we can..." Lao's words and smile both halted. Then my baby let out a tired sigh. "So we can go back to their normal schedule, shit..."

I feel for him. Working for the royals is stressful. You have to make everything perfect for them so they can project to the world that the Royal family is also perfect. It all about imagery for these people.

Thats why there is a saying in the Palace that working for the a Royal Family is like priesthood or being in the medical field or a teacher, its a calling. You don't do it unless you were called by your heart to serve.

Well, Lao has the calling thats why even though he grumbles about the job every now and then, he performs his tasks perfectly. Because thats who Lao is, efficient extraordinaire.

While traveling back to the capital on a private jet with the Royal couple, Lao and Se Ong, my attention was caught by my nephew who looks pensive while sitting by a window on the plane.

Its a short three hour flight from QingDao back to Beijing, but the royal couple and Lao took the opportunity to sleep. I sat next to Se Ong after putting a jacket over my sleeping boyfriend.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked Se Ong casually while looking at the scene of clouds outside the window beside Se Ong's seat.

"Nothing much," Se Ong said.

"You seemed distracted," I said.

Se Ong sighed. "How's the case we are building against Congressman Hui?" My nephew asked.

"Done. I talked to your Uncle Xing before we came to QingDao and gege assured me that it was done. If the congressman and his delusional daughter won't stop their demands to get you to marry the bitch, we will create a scandal that will end the good congressman's political career forever." I said.

"Good," Se Ong turned away from me. "Does that mean I can now go back to my normal life?"

"Normal?" I scoffed. "Whats your normal life? Chasing ancient weaponry in the black market and sleeping with different women every night? Being a modern day bountry hunter and mercenary? If you will quit this work, you will go back to your Baba and start learning the business..." Se Ong is the heir of the smuggling organization the Khans has started and nurturing.

"Fuck! I don't want to inherit the business, Uncle." Se Ong crisply cursed while whining.

"Language," I scowled at him. "If you think you have a choice on that matter, you are even crazier than I think. Your Baba will string your balls if you will continue wasting your life and talent like this."

Se Ong has the making of a good organization leader. If he could learn to curb his tendency to act reckless, Se Ong could take the smuggling operation the family has into an even higher heights.

And with CaiLin as his comanager of the organization, no one can stop them. But it seems to me that Se Ong is planning different things for his life.

Well, thats Khan Gege's problem, not mine. My current worry is Se Ong looking distracted and that is not good for this job. You cannot be distracted if literal lives are on the line, especially if those lives carry royal blood and status.