Jerks

(CHONG)

I critically stared at my nephew as Se Ong joined Lao and I at the cafeteria for dinner. Lao made sure first that the Crown Prince and his Consort are comfortable in the VVIP suite before ordering food for the aides and security team that will stay with the royal couple for four days here in QingDao.

"Where will you sleep tonight? Did you and the Consort arranged for a room for you in the hotel nearby?" There is a hotel about twenty minutes drive from the medical facility where most of the team will stay. It is close enough that they could quickly come to serve the Crown Prince if they are needed. The security team, consisting of seven members excluding Se Ong, will rotate two people at a time to stay inside the facility while Lao and I will keep close by the Crown Prince to protect him. That means there'll be two guards plus I looking after the Crown Prince at all times.

It was supposed to be a smooth operation but with the unexpected arrival of the Consort, we will now need to guard two royals. I'll need a new plan to guard both the Crown Prince and his Consort.

"I think I'll be staying with the two of you." Se Ong said.

"Excuse me, what?" Lao blinked at that answer. "What do you mean you will stay with us?"

"Where will you two sleep tonight?" Se Ong asked.

"On the room next to the Crown Prince's," I said.

"And thats where I will sleep as well." Se Ong said.

"No," Lao and I looked at each other when we said that word at the same time. Se Ong snickered. "Just think of it as the both of you paying penance for the Consort's anger." My nephew said.

"So this is a punishment?" Lao asked in amazed wonder.

"I think so. You lied to him. He is annoyed. We all serve for the Consort's pleasure. Pay up for making him angry." Se Ong shrugged.

Lao reached for his phone. "I will call Dayu and straightened this thing up. Talk to your nephew," my baby said while standing from his chair. I frowned at Se Ong. "What are you doing, really?" I asked my nephew.

"Following orders," Se Ong sighed while staring at the tray of rice and tonkatsu curry in front of him. "This looks like a decent meal."

"Yeah. We had lunch here and their food tastes good enough. Plus, they serve sparkling water here. This whole place is luxurious as shit," I sighed. "If ever Lao and I decided to have kids thru surrogacy, we might check in on this very place as well."

I mean I already asked how much a surrogacy cost and I think I can produce that money. Plus, the doctors and personnels on this place look like they truly know what they are doing to keep things low profile. This surrogacy process for the Crown Prince and his Consort has been going on for almost two months now and still, not one word of it has been breathed to the media. That means, people here knows how to keep their mouths shut so no leaks will break on the 6 o'clock news on TV.

I like that.

But thats for later. Lao and I haven't talk about being married yet. I think there are steps that needs to be done first before I think about having children of my own with Lao.

For now, I need to focus on Se Ong. "What is going on with you? You have been acting strange lately. Why?" There is something different about Se Ong's demeanor this past week. I don't know what is happening to him that is why I am asking. I need to know if whatever is going on in his head will affect his ability to do his job of protecting the Consort. Thats important.

In our line of work, we cannot be distracted. Literal lives could be the cost if we slack on our job.

"I am fine," Se Ong replied evasively. I shook my head to disagree with his answer. "I don't think you are fine. Have you called CaiLin?" If Se Ong won't talk to me...maybe he'll open up to his twin.