Secrets

(DAYU)

I stood up. "Alright, just so you all know, I am doing my best not to throw things around. Why? Because I am a Consort and I already have a son. Therefore, I should be more mature and dignified. So...let me do my calming exercises..."

Its so hard, so so hard. To look at them and know that they have done something HUGE behind my back, kept me in the dark, and then go through their lives around me like...nothing. I don't think I was even an afterthought to them.

I paced back and forth behind the two solo armchairs. I noticed Khan Se Ong flinching every now and then that I passed him. I don't know who is more of a wreck between us, him or me.

I stopped pacing. "Alright, so Heise is dead. Shunu too?" I looked at Qing. My husband gave me a short nod.

I didn't expect to feel lightheaded when he finally confirmed Shunu's death. I think between Heise and Shunu, Shunu got me more affected. I winced at Qing. "You did it?" I asked him, a little scared.

Qing sighed. "No need for you to know the details of everything that happened. Just know that she is dead."

I cannot believe him. "Are still gonna keep secrets from me?"

Qing regarded me calmly. "I don't want you to be implicated if things doesn't go my way..."

I think my jaw fell to the floor. "Did you just say implicated?" What does implicated means again? Gods, I need someone to google it for me to make sure I am translating the meaning of that word correctly.

Implicated means, to be involved directly or indirectly to a crime.

Oh yes, killing someone is a crime.

Qing just admitted to killing someone. Well, not really but it was implied. Oh my, I think I'm gonna lose my mind.

But then my eyes saw Khan Se Ong and I wondered. "Whats your role in all of these?" I asked.

And thats when my bodyguard launched an explanation about how he 1.) served as a lookout in the hospital where Shunu died and 2.) captured Heise on a boat to get the reward money.

"I also kept Fa Heise locked up until Uncle could come to confirm if its truly him or not," Khan Se Ong ended his explanation with that.

I laughed. It was a kneejerk reaction because I thought I was going insane already when Qing implied he did murder his ex and his sister's ex but Khan Se Ong's explanation pushed me more to the edge of insanity.

"Unbelievable. Unbelievable. All of you. When did it all...?" I stopped when I realized when Qing has an opportunity to eliminate those two. "It was the day after our wedding. I woke up early and you were not there. You went to see Heise where Se Ong stored him. You..." to think I told former President Fa that I accounted where Qing is at all times.

"Love," Qing stood up and reached for me. This time, he will not be denied. Even if I tried to evade his arms, he caught me in his embrace. "Calm down."

"Damn you!" I snarled at him. "How dare you tell me to calm down?! After what you did...how could I...?"

"Leave us!" Qing barked the orders to the others. Lao, Chong and Se Ong quickly stood up from their seats and left the room. Closing the door firmly behind them.

Qing gazed squarely at me. "Okay, now you can curse at me all you want..."

"I could have cursed you just fine with them in here," I said in a hard tone.

Qing sneered at that. "Like I will let anyone see you lose your control. You are a Consort now. You have an image to uphold."

I pushed him away from me. "Maybe you mean lose my mind. Because thats what I am feeling right now, Wang Qing. I think I'm about to lose my mind."