Simple

(KHAN SE ONG)

Its prohibited for the public to know it yet and only the higher ups are aware of all the details but the Prince's Pavilion is pulsing with talks of nursery and crib.

The Royal couple I am guarding are walking on an invisible cloud nowadays. The Consort is so stubborn, nothing could penetrate even his happy bubble. Not his schedule getting disrupted or guests being late. Not even negative write ups about the Royal Family that usually infuriates the Consort, now has no power to elicit any negative reaction from him.

Consort Dayu is happy and no one could disturb it. I admire the man. He lets no one touch his happiness and that is something truly admirable. If all people could be like Consort Dayu who would never let anyone disrupt their happiness, the world would probably be a better place.

But maintaining a happy bubble is a singular talent that is maybe unique to one Feng Jian Yu.

In fairness to him, the Consort is also generous in spreading his happiness. His mood is so good, he has not reprimanded one aide or guard in like a whole week already. When someone sent pastries or snacks to the Consort, he distribute it to everyone, per usual but with more laughters and smiles. When someone makes a mistake, the Consort will just pat them on the arm or shoulder and tell everyone that we, including him, mistakes are sometimes unavoidable and we should just do better next time. And the most important thing is that he keeps up with his schedule without delay or whining. Things are easy for everyone on the Consort's office. And that makes everyone happy too.

"Not everyone." The Consort gave me a meaningful look while I stand near the window of his office. "You look gloomy and mad like you are itching to kill someone." Twirling a finger around to gesture at my face. "Don't dare deny it because I have spent time with your Uncle and Chong looks like that when he is ready to strangle someone who annoys him."

"Uncle said that the person who usually annoyed him was you." I said as a reminder to him.

Consort Dayu waved a dismissive hand while chuckling. "Minor details. Who cares about them?" He said before putting his elbows on top of his desk, clasping his hands together and placing his chin on his hands. He regarded me with that amused smile on his lips. "Now, I am in a good mood and you should take advantage of that. So tell me, I will listen. What is bugging you?"

"I don't want to tell you..."

"Its alright. Its alright. You are not being a bother at all."

I frowned at him. "I didn't say that I'm scared of bothering you. I said I don't want to tell you..."

"Very considerate of you to think of not ruining my happy mood with your negativity. But its alright, I can handle it. Whatever your problem is..."

Oh god. He is tiring. "Are you having a totally different conversation by yourself?" Is he crazy? Too much happiness could make someone this insane?

"Get married. That will solve all your problems," the Consort said with full confidence before going back to the document he is reading.

I feel like my head will explode. No wonder Uncle Chong changed post in haste if this is the kind of conversations he usually have with the Consort. "I wouldn't even pretend that I understand what you are talking about." I said.

Consort Dayu sighed before focusing his eyes on me again. "Se Ong, look at me. What do you see?" He asked me. He looked serious while asking that question so I gave him the obvious answer. "You look happy."

Consort Dayu smiled and nodded. "Correct. And why do you think I look happy?"

"Because you and the Crown Prince are going to have a baby?" I said, still confuse.