Chapter 35: Lars the Vulture

Carter's P.O.V:

Two miles into pushing the heavy vehicle, I basically gave up. The sun was beating down on us, the car was extremely difficult to push, and that vulture was still circling us!

"I'm really tired. Can we check if our phones have reception yet?" I asked, sitting atop the trunk.

"Yeah. Let's see....." Aiden mumbled, looking at his phone.

I checked mine and instantly shouted.

"Yes! Two bars!" I screamed, logging onto the Internet.

I quickly searched up towing companies nearby and three results came up. Luckily, they were only thirteen miles away in town, so the wait wouldn't be too long.

"I have a signal, and I'm calling a tow company right now," I stated, dialing the first company that came up.

After two rings, a man with a raspy voice picked up.

"Lar's Tow Company. How may I help you?" He asked.

"Hello, my friend's car broke down about thirteen miles away from town. We're on what looks like an empty road stretch off of Canary street. Will you be able to pick us and the car up?" I questioned.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll be there shortly," he grunted, hanging up.

I ignored his rudeness and instead basked in the fact that we would be picked up soon and taken into town.

"Who's awesome? I am!" I sung, hugging Aiden's side.

He shrugged.

"I guess you're slightly awesome."

"You're only saying that because you're the one that got us into this mess," I teased, sticking my tongue out.

"Ah, but you enjoyed it. Admit it," he said.

"Enjoyed standing out in the heat and pushing a car weighing a ton? Yeah, maybe if I was crazy," I shot back.

"You enjoyed it," he said, slightly tickling my sides.

"Don't you dare Aiden Michael Miller," I warned, pointing a finger in his face.

"Dare what?" He asked innocently, as his hands creeped onto my sides and attacked my stomach.

"Get off!" I yelled in between my fits of laughter.

"Not unless you admit that you enjoyed being out here with me!" He replied.

"Never!" I wheezed out.

"Then I guess I'll show no mercy," he sighed.

"Stop!" I laughed, as tears escaped my eyes.

"But it looks like you're enjoying it?" He asked confusedly.

"I hate you!" I laughed, kicking his stomach.

Aiden fell onto the dirty ground as I grinned.

"Hah! I beat you!" I said triumphantly.

"Only because you cheated by kicking me," he retorted.

"Last I checked there were no rules against physical contact? It's okay, Aiden. I know you're just angry because a girl once again defeated you," I replied.

"Okay, physical contact should be an unspoken rule! And anyway, I'm going easy on you just for the sake of you being a girl. Remember? Guys can't beat up girls," he said.