Eating and Awkward Conversations

Start from the beginning

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Archer. I like your name," I smiled when his grin brightened and I shook his little hand.

He suddenly came closer and hugged my leg. "Thank you."

I was stunned at what he had just done, but my surprised expression turned into a soft smile. I ruffled his hair and lifted him into my arms.

"You're adorable," I gushed, pinching his cheeks.

"I'm not adorable!" He protested. "'I'm manly!"

I chuckled, "Okay, okay, you're manly."

"Yay! You're nice, I like you!" He said, hugging me.

"You're nice too, wanna be best friends?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"No way! Team Jay!"

"Nuh uh! Team Cole!" I shouted, pushing a mini figurine of the black ninja in his face.

Archer pushed my hand and shoved Jay in my face. "Jay's way cooler!"

"Cole's the leader!"

"So?"

"So he's stronger, faster, smarter and awesomer!"

"Awesomer isn't even a word!"

"How would you know that? You're only five!"

"I know 'cause I'm smart."

"Well," I huffed, crossing my arms and pouting. "I'm an Alpha and I now declare 'awesomer' is a word."

"You can't do that!" Archer objected, standing up with a frown on his sweet face.

"Yes, I can!"

"No, you can't!"

"Yes, I can!"

"No, you can't!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Ye - "

"Ahem," a voice interrupted from behind us. "Food's ready."

I stood up and turned to see a smiling woman. I gaped when I saw her. She was beautiful. She had long, wavy, golden hair and eyes bluer than the sky. When I saw her small frame and voluptuous curves, I immediately became envious. Sure, I had long legs and I wasn't exactly flat-chested, but I looked like a stick compared to this woman. This lady reminded me of Margaret.

"Hi," she said, her pink lips turned up, revealing deep dimples. "I'm Sasha, Aaron's wife."

Aaron's wife? I thought. Then she's the Luna! And Grayson's mom! I see where he gets his looks from now...

I bowed my head and murmured, "Good evening, Luna."

Sasha waved her hands as if brushing away my greeting. "Please! No need for such formalities! Call me Sasha. I presume you are Taylor?"

Without lifting my head, I nodded. Suddenly, I felt a finger under my chin and my head was raised so that I was able to see her face.

"Taylor, please. Treat me like a friend, not as the Luna," she whispered softly. I smiled back and nodded my head once more.

"So are we gonna eat or what?" I looked down and saw Archer with his little arms crossed staring at us, an impatient look on his face.

Sasha laughed, "Yes, Archer. Let's go."

"Hey, the smoke's all gone!" I stated, pointing at the once again clean room.

Jason came out of the kitchen and rolled his jade-colored eyes. "Yeah, no thanks to you."