Early Morning Surprise

"Honey, wake up. Babe?"

I slowly pushed my eyes open a tad, enough to see Hunter's baby blues shining at me from a pillow over. Groaning, I scrambled down into the blankets trying to escape from the day ahead of us. I felt a finger poke my covered head. "Are you gonna wake up anytime soon?" I grunted. He sighed saying, "I'll take that as a no..."

The bed swooped down and I felt it get significantly lighter. Ha ha. I won. More bed time for me.

Suddenly the blanket surrounding me was yanked off. I flashed my eyes open to see my smug boyfriend tossing the comforter across the room. I glared at him, got up from the bed and watched his face change from "Yes! She's up!" to "Wait- no!" I heard his sigh and chuckle as I climbed into the pile of blankets on the floor and curled up like a cat. I stuck my tongue out before closing my eyes again. Ha. Nice try babe.

The footsteps got louder until they stopped right in front of me. I could hear him kneel down and I clutched the blanket even harder. I'm not willing to give up that easily. His hands wrapped around my waist and he hoisted me up into his arms. "Hunter Easton Hayes, you put me down right now!" I squealed. "No," he said simply. Well, if he was going to hold me like a baby, I might as well act like one. I made a big show of yawning and curling up into his chest and pretended to fall asleep. I could almost hear his eyes roll.

Hunter started to walk somewhere. I peaked and saw that he was standing over our bed. Actually, correction. I was hovering over our bed. My eyes widened as I realized what he was about to do. "Hunter, don't you dare- ahh!" I hit the bed with a thump. "Darn you and your liking hard beds," I grumbled.

"Are you awake now?" he asked me, eyeing me with a small smile. "Unfortunately, " I sighed. He fist pumped the air. "Yes!" he belted. "Score is now 2-1, with Hunter in the lead!" I threw a pillow at his face. "Shh! Our neighbors are going to file a complaint again if you keep that up!" He peeked out from behind the pillow and grinned. "Oh, it's on!"

I squealed as he tackled me on the bed, straddling me so I couldn't move. I groaned. He's such a pain. He grabbed the remaining pillow and hit me with it until I was out of breath from laughing so hard. He paused and just looked at me. He was smiling like an idiot. My laughter died down and I gazed up at him. "What?" I giggled. "Why are you staring at me like that for?"

He leaned in closer and let our lips just barely touch. "Because," he murmured.  "You are beautiful." He closed the gap between us and kissed me gently. My mouth parted and my tongue welcomed him in. My hands found their way into his pre-gel'd hair and they stroked his hair. His hands cupped my face, occasionally moving his thumbs to caress my skin.

I moved my hands to his cheeks and opened my eyes to look at the love of my life. I still couldn't believe I was all his, that he was all mine. We pulled away from the kiss gently. I looked him straight in his perfect eyes and whispered, "I love you. So much."