Cookies

I couldn't help but hum to myself while I started the baking process. Setting the ingredients down on the counter in front of me, I did a quick inventory check. "Okay, salt, butter, Pam, chocolate chips,  flour, now I just need-"

"Eggs?" I spun around to see Hunter holding up two eggs and displaying a devilish grin on his face. Before I could react, he tossed me on of the eggs. Squealing, I scrambled to catch it. With the egg safely in my hands, I glared at my boyfriend. "Hunter! You could've broken a perfectly good egg all over our new wood flooring!" I scolded. He laughed and said,  "Well it's a good thing you caught it."

I put the egg on the counter where it would be safer and turned to pout at Hunter. I placed my hands on my hips and said, "Now, give me that other egg." A sly smile crept onto Hunter's face again. "Come and get it!" he teased. He held the egg above his head, eyeing me to see if I would dare try to retrieve the egg. Him being taller than me by a good 6 inches was of great advantage to him. But I never back down from a challenge.

I took a running start and jumped up to meet Hunter's raised hands and missed. He laughed and taunted me farther by dangling the egg above my head. "Gonna have to try better than that, sweetheart." I stood as close as I could to him and shot him another glare. "Oooh, when I get my hands on you I'll..."

"You'll what?" he whispered seductively. I stared into his blue eyes until I saw his head start to lean down to reach my lips. Before his lips could touch mine, I lept up to grab the egg from his unsuspecting hand. "Ha ha!" I shouted gleefully. The surprised look in his eyes was too much, so I laughed and stood on my tip-toes to give him a peck on the cheek. "I win," I whispered.

One of his eyebrows shot up. God, I love how he does that. "Oh really, now?" he murmured into my ear. I shuddered. He chuckled and said softly, "Baby, you're so cute when you think you've won."

Puzzled, I looked up onto his eyes. I opened my mouth to say something when I was interrupted by soft white powder to the face. "Oh!" I gasped. I reached up to touch my face. The powder was flour! That rascal.... I smiled sweetly through the flour. I looked up to see a smug Hunter. "Aw honey, you're so cute when you think this is over." I reached behind me and grabbed a handful of flour and threw as much of it as I could at him. In another minute, Hunter and I had reloaded our flour bomb supply a dozen times each and were covered in a thin white layer of powder.

At this point,  we were laughing so hard that we had to lean on each other so we didn't fall over. Eventually our plan failed and we fell on to a white floor. Gasping for breath, I looked around at our surroundings. "Our floor!" I gaped at the mess. I started to get up for the broom but two strong hands pulled me back down. I was laying next to Hunter, gazing into his beautiful eyes again. He reached up to my face and gingerly wiped a bit of flour off my lips. His fingers lingered there, so I gently kissed his fingertips. I laced my fingers through his and leaned in to kiss him. Our lips met in a warm embrace and our tongues played like it was the first time they'd met. Pulling away, Hunter fake pouted at me. "You taste like flour." I giggled. "Well Hayes, you can blame yourself for that one." He laughed again and we fell into another long kiss, savoring the moment.

Speaking softly against my lips, Hunter said, "Let's bake more often." I grinned and whispered back, "Deal."