I Love You This Big

"Good day?" I smiled at my new husband. He shut the front door and held out a full bouquet of red roses.

"Oh my gosh, are those for me?" I grinned stupidly and covered my blushing cheeks. "Ellen, actually," Hunter said sarcastically. He sat next to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Ha ha.You're so funny." I stuck my tongue out at him. I took the roses and hugged them. Their sweet smell was quickly filling our living room. "Wait, what about me?" Hunter stretched his arms open wide. "Don't I get a hug? Me? The buyer of flowers for my beautiful wife?"

I giggled and shook my head. "Nope," I teased.

Hunter scrunched his nose. "Are you sure?"

"Yep," I nodded my head and hugged the flowers tighter. Hunter sighed deeply and said, "Fine, I guess you leave me no choice..."

He stood up and reached down towards me with both arms wide open. Before I could realize what he was doing, I was dangling in the air and the flowers were left on the couch. "Hunter!" I squealed. "Put me down!"

"Not until you give me a hug and a kiss!"

I crossed my arms as best I could and shook my head. "Not until you put me down!" I said stubbornly.

Hunter pretended to think about it. "Okay," he said suddenly. "But first..." He sent my heart into a mode of terror for a split second as he released his grip from under me. I shrieked and had no choice but to cling around his neck. "Hunter!" I scolded. "Don't do that!" Hunter chuckled to himself and started walking us to our backyard. 

"Hunter, what are you...?"

He slid open the glass door and calmly walked over to the edge of our pool. My eyes widened and I started kicking my feet in protest. "No, no! Hunter, don't you dare- ah!" He tossed me over without hesitation and was laughing when I resurfaced. "Hunter Easton Hayes!" I shouted. I sputtered out water and wiped my eyes. "I'll get you for that!" I cupped my hands and splashed him, soaking his whole front side. He looked stunned for a minute before reaching up to smooth his hair. "Was that really necessary?"

I pointed at the big pool of water surrounding me. "Was this really necessary?" I retorted. 

Hunter shrugged. "Yes."

My jaw dropped open and I sent another wave his way. His shirt clung to him in all the right places. "Alright, I think this calls for some retaliation."

Hunter tore off his shirt, struggling a bit in the places where it stuck to his skin. He took a running start and cannonballed into the pool. A wave of water splashed over me and sent me underwater again. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Hunter swimming towards me. Careful not to let out my breath, I smiled and reached out my arms towards him. He took my hands and interlaced our fingers. Leaning closer, he gave me an underwater kiss. I tried to open my mouth, but the frantic look in his eyes matched mine. We raced to the surface and gasped for breath.

We burst out laughing and I rested my head on his chest. We treaded water for a minute before looking at each other again. "Never again," Hunter said. I laughed. "Nope, never."

Hunter sighed dramatically and looked up at the sun. He wrapped an arm around my waist. "It always looks so romantic in the movies." I giggled. "Myth debunked."

"You take my breath away even above water, so I don't know how long I could've stayed under there with you anyway," he said casually. 

"Awww, Hunter!" I squealed. "That was so cheesy and adorable!" Hunter laughed and skimmed the water with his palm. "Songwriters always have the cheesiest lines ready," he winked. 

I smiled and lifted a hand to his cheek. "I think I could live with you a little longer."

"Longer as in for the rest of our lives?"

"Sounds about right."