[36]

It was ten in the night and I didn't know why I sat idle at the kitchen, waiting for the only friend I could vent to. Parents were at the neighbors' to attend a party and here I was, sitting in front of two glasses full of hot chocolate, basking in the scent of cocoa.

"Ji!" I heard a loud voice call and the next second, I was at the door, pulling it open to grin widely at Jackson, the door bell was never his style. Wrapping my arms around his torso, I groaned when he ruffled my hair before returning the gesture.

"I smell something delicious. Where is it?" He peeled me off of him to calmly walk towards the kitchen after ridding himself of his shoes.

"Its just hot ch-"

"Oh my God! It's hot chocolate!"

"Uh yeah, that"

"It's good to see you back under cover, child. Cheers to you!" He raised his glass.

There was absolutely nothing to be happy about it, save the fact that I still get to see Taehyung.

"You gonna whoop V's ass aren't you? Heard he's a slimy lil squeep " he chuckled, taking a sip from his hot drink.

"I love him" I confessed, pressing my finger straight at the point, before blowing gently at the liquid in my hands while Jackson's head snapped up at me.

"What?"

"I'm in love with him, Jackie" I sighed, looking up at the boy.

"Oh no" he shook his head, setting his cup down, "you're dating him?".

"I was" I paused, "then I broke up and now we're back together, because that breakup means nothing to either of us now" I bit my lip, guilt brimming in my throat as I forced it back down with a sip of warm milk.

"And now you are assigned to help the Chitauri bring his kingdom down?" He shook his head, disapprovingly.

"Yes, but I can't do that. He means a lot to me, he trusts me" I rubbed my forehead, "I can't do that to him and I don't know what else I can do"

"You shouldn't have accepted the mission in the first place!" He scolded.

"I had no choice. I really didn't. The director.." I swallowed, "he threatened me. I made a choice and there's no going back now"

"Hmm.." He hummed, both of us sipping our drinks, letting the silence fill the air before he broke it again, "do your parents know?"

"They don't" I shook my head, "they don't know I'm under cover. They do know Taehyung and they don't like him"

"Oh boy" Jackson reached out to take my hand in his, "What're you planning to do?"

"I don't know" I mumbled honestly, "I'll probably come clean to Tae. He is smart. I'm hoping I can figure out something with him?" I looked up at him hopefully.

"You will" the man smiled, his nose scrunching up a little, "I'm so glad you trust me enough to tell me all of this"

"I trust you with my life, bitch" I laughed, playfully smacking his arm.

"On a serious note" he leaned in close, "if you need any help, anything at all..you have me".

I smiled at that, "I know"

"do not forget that" Jackson's hand squeezed my own.

"I won't"

"I just hope Taehyung is worth everything you're putting yourself through" he exhaled before bringing the cup to his lips again.

--

Author's POV:

"Sir, I'm not sure you should be doing that again" Taehyung's butler spoke hesitantly, looking at the man lean over the black glass table in front of him.

But he only ignored the suggestion and poured some of the white powder onto the table. Grabbing a card from his wallet, he tapped over it before sweeping the powder into a sharp, thin line, "Fuck off" Taehyung groaned, pushing the powder into a proper line before rolling a piece of paper, he closed one nostril as he sniffed it all in one go from the other. It was cocaine.

The moment the drug hit his blood stream, the boy fell back onto the couch, the lighting in his room a pale shade of yellow. His butler only shook his head before holding his breath and cleaning the mess off the table in front of the mafia man.

Taehyung felt euphoric. When he sealed the deal with a drug supplier three weeks ago, he had tested the drug himself, not having a care in the world, as his breakup was still fresh enough to get the best of him. It was supposed to be a one time thing. Just a test dose to check if the seller was genuine but that's not where he ended up.

Taehyung found himself craving for the same euphoric effect it delivered every time he inhaled it into his system. He felt lightheaded, carefree and powerful. He felt no pain. He felt like he could have Ji Yeon back and surprisingly, he did.

When she wasn't around to numb his pain, it was the drug that got him over the fact that she had left him. It was the addictive white powder that made him feel brave when he found six dead cats in front of his house. It was this that got him his new big chunk of money right after it hit the black market.

Taehyung smiled, closing his eyes, letting the drug do all the job of making him feel good. He enjoyed it inspite of knowing it could kill him. It could ruin all his relationships. His kingdom could crumble..but all he could fix his mind on was how Ji's lips felt against his. How good it felt when he let his mouth trail kisses down her neck. How delicious she tasted and how the vibrations of her moans went straight to his groin and then - he was hard again. Taehyung had lost count of how many times this had happened over the past month but today, he didn't have to go jerk himself off in the bathroom. The boy reached over the table to grab his phone before typing out a text with numb, shaky fingers, "I need you here baby pleasee" and with one hand palming his growing erection, he hit send with the other.

--