Prologue

KIM JI YEON's POV

Night time inspections were the worst, but since I'm an owl who usually does better at night than the day, I gladly agreed to do just today's night inspection around the small town, Daegu.

Not knowing much about the place, I looked out of the window as the constable drove the car. I hoped I'd get to catch somebody right on my first day, so I had the siren turned off.

Minutes turned into hours as I watched the buildings move past, the street lights glowing in the dark, their yellow light perfectly in contrast to the white moon and the dark sky.

" You need to speed up a little " I glanced over at Hyun woo, who sat comfortably behind the wheel.

" Yes, ma'am " he stepped on the accelerator a tad bit harder and the car moved with added speed.

Being called 'ma'am' or 'officer' was new but I wasn't complaining. I liked it...a lot.

It was only the closed shutters and doors that occupied my field of vision for a good amount of time but -

"Stop stop stop!! " I reached out to Hyun Woo and he stepped on the break immediately before turning towards me.

I shifted the gear to 'reverse'  before motioning him to go backwards, and he did so, quietly.

" Stop " I spoke again, raising my hand up for added emphasis and the vehicle came to a halt.

I was right about seeing something going on in the alley which ran straight between the houses. There stood a man- alone, a can of spray paint in his hand as he displayed his art skills through graffiti.

I got out of the car quickly, not shutting the door as it'd break the silence. Checking if the gun was secure around my waist, I handed the constable the cuffs. To our luck, the alley lead to a dead end so the kid spraying colors on the walls had nowhere to run to.

"Arrest him " my voice a bit louder this time,  and with that, the black haired man turned around- his features- too handsome for a lawbreaker and his green jacket suited him perfectly well. A small smirk played on his lips the moment his eyes met mine.

I tilted my head a little to the side, as the constable was quick to secure the victim's hands behind his back.

"What's your name? " I raised a brow.

" Kim Taehyung " he grinned, as if he was glad to be taken into custody.

--

AN

Here's another story with our beloved tae tae in it.
It was supposed to be published in August but meh-