Bittersweet

6:21 PM

You snapped out of your inattentive state and began to be wary of the situation.

"Hey!!"

You shouted, catching the attention of the slender 'noble' men in front of you.

"I don't believe you two and all this prince highness shit!!! Am I dreaming right now??"
"Certainly not.. Ladies must mind their language."

Taehyung blinked, shaking his head for a few times in denial.

"Oh shut up!"

Taehyung pouted and exhaled afterwards, his hand wrapped around the nape of his neck as he nervously dragged his feet back and forth.

"I can't go in?"

Jungkook wiped the bruise on his wrist caused by the pressure of the force, his gaze observing the swirling black hole that stood before him.

"I will try again.."

Jungkook heavily raised himself on his feet, ignoring the throbbing pain on his legs and knees.
He was only to be stopped by Taehyung blocking his way.

"Don't even think about it... You'll just get hurt again and His Highness won't be very happy about that will he?"

Jungkook hearing 'His Highness' made him look the other way, avoiding the young man's eyes.
With a long sigh, Taehyung continued bit his lip looking concerned about what to do.

"Yo."

Taehyung said, raising his arm to point a finger at you.
With a bothered look, you crossed your arms with a look of disapproval.

"What now?"
"I'll have you..."

The man slowly moved his arm in a 60 degree angle.

"Take care..."

His gesture reached to where Jungkook was positioned, who was pulling a sour face like he suspected what was going to happen.

"....Of Jungkook!"

Taehyung then lightly scratched his cheek, revealing a sheepish smile as he puffed his cheeks showing a squishy area.

"What!! You can't do this to me!!!"

You whined, stomping your feet on the floor in disbelief.

"So many things have happened today and I don't think my brain could function anymore!!"
"Please.. For Prince Jungkook's safety..."

Taehyung begged, as he leaned his back forwards awaiting for your answer.

"Well..."

You paused for a moment as empathy flowed into your mind like a waterfall.

"..Why me?"
"Because it seems like you are the only trustworthy person Prince Jungkook knows in this dimension and its dangerous for him to get involved with more people, you also lend him shelter soooo..."

Taehyung explained, his body language and hand movements syncing with his words.

"...I see..."

You let out a defeated sigh, sweeping your hair behind your ear as your eyes catch the glint of light surfacing on the curtains.

"I'll take care of him..."

You said, your eyes drift off away from the curtains and onto Jungkook who is just sitting beside the wall.

'This boy', You softly thought.
There was this bittersweet like feeling bubbling inside you, it was very weird.

"You're a kind-hearted person Y/N."

Taehyung lifted his head up to show a relieved grin.

"I don't know how to express my gratitude to you, but I will pay back someday

"I don't know how to express my gratitude to you, but I will pay back someday."