The One For Me (A Liam Payne Fanfiction) ON HOLD

Chapter 1

I slowly walked up the stairs to his room, smiling to myself thinking about how excited he would be to see me. It had been nearly two weeks since I had seen my boyfriend, Gunner. I was in New York visiting my older brother and he stayed in London. I held back a sneeze while pausing on one of the dusty steps. Someone had passed their germs on to me while I was in New York and I was coming down with a cold.

Halfway to the door there was some weird noises coming from Gunner's room. I tiptoed over to the door and jumped into the room, "Surprise!" I shouted.

I was greeted by a very inappropriate scene that consisted of two people kissing like there was no tomorrow.

They looked up and the girl looked with wide eyes at me. Gunner jumped up and shouted, "It's not what it looks like!"

I just stood there in shock with my mouth open, trying to comprehend what was going on in front me. I felt my eyes well up with tears as Gunner gave me a pleading look and the girl continued to stare at me.

The girl had light brown hair that went to her back and warm hazel eyes. She was wearing skinny jeans and a vintage looking sweater. On the back of it it had the last name James on it. I recognized her as a waitress from a restaraunt Gunner and I had gone to before I left.

I loved him. That was the only thing I could think as I flew out of the building and into my car. I threw it into gear and drove as fast as I could back to my house. Once there I sprinted inside and up the stairs. Once I got to my room I just laid on my bed. I'm not sure for how long, it could've been minutes or hours, until I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up in the morning feeling like a train ran over me. My eyes were swollen and bloodshot, and my hair was like a giant brown haystack on top of my head. Makeup was streaked down my cheeks and around my eyes making me look like a raccoon.

Seeing me, my mom's eyes widened and she rushed over to give me a hug. She patted my back for a minute and tried to get me to smile. "Kassie, it will get better. And Gunner was a jerk anyways, I always thought you would get tired of him and dump his sorry butt." Her attempt at humor fell flat and she sighed.

She wiped my tears away and told me to sit down. Then Mom pushed a plate of food to me that I couldn't even look at. All I could think about was yesterday, and it made me lose my appetite and leave an empty feeling deep in my stomach.

Mom gathered up her purse and keys, and then pulled a suitcase ti the door. I could tell she didn't want to leave. She was going on a business trip in Florida for about two weeks. My dad is in the army so I don't get to see him very often.

Mom left to catch her flight and I sat around the house for awhile. Everything reminded me of him. I couldn't stay here. It was too filled with memories and broken promises.

Not bothering to put on a jacket, I went outside to clear my head. The memories overwhelmed me though, and I found myself crying as I slowly walked down the street. It looked like there was going to be rain, so the street was empty and all you could hear was my crying and the crunch of brown and orange autumn leaves under my feet.

I'm not sure how long I was walking but I found myself at a park. I slowly laid down on a bench and tried to breathe. The crying had stuffed up my nose and now my cold I came down with was even worse. I don't think this day could get any worse.

As if the universe actually wanted to prove me wrong and say that things really could be more horrible, there was a huge crack of thunder and rain started pouring down. I shivered in the cold shower and stayed where I was. I felt numb, like I wouldn't be able to move even if I wanted to.

My tears mixed with the raindrops and it was almost impossible to tell if I was crying or not. A few minutes later my clothes were completely soaked through and a gust of wind sent me into uncontrollable shudders.

I felt someone standing beside me but kept my eyes closed, hoping whoever it was would just go away. The rain stopped hitting me but it sounded like it was pounding on something plastic. There was someone whispering to another, but it was too hushed for me to hear it.

"She's not dead, Louis. She's breathing," A voice said, probably in reply to the whisper I had just heard.

I felt something lightly touch my cheek and someone with an Irish accent say, "Love, are you okay?"

I opened one of my eyes to see five guys standing above me. The one that poked me had bright blue eyes and his hair was bleached. Behind him there were two more guys, one with his dark hair done up in a quiff and the other looking very calm with curly hair and dimples that stood out even without him smiling. A boy in suspenders looked worried but you could tell he was almost always happy from the small smile that stretched on his face when my eyes landed on him. The last one had something that gave off a mature vibe, almost like a father figure.

The mature boy was holding an umbrella over my head which explained why I didn't feel the rain anymore. There was something vaguely familiar about them but my brain refused to work.

The boy in suspenders nudged the one with the umbrella and said, "Liam, she's freezing. We can't just leave her here. She could get sick out here in the cold."

Another gust of wind almost blew the umbrella away and I started shivering even harder. I closed my eyes and continued to ignore them, still hoping they would go away. I heard something I couldn't comprehend from the Irish one.

The umbrella boy sighed in reply. Then the umbrella moved for a minute and I was hit with rain again. "Here, hold this and I'll carry her," the boy, I'm guessing it was Liam, said. Then I felt a strong pair of arms go underneath my back and my legs.

The bench disappeared from under me and I found myself cradled against something warm and kind of muscled. I felt Liam start walking and I huddled up tighter against his chest.

***** Hey everyone!! New story! A big thank you to @Zianourry for making the girl who was kissing Gunner:) She will probably turn up later on and I think some will grow to love her! @Kai324 won the contest for the main character. To the people who didn't get a main role, I PROMISE you will have a part!! It might not be till later but I'll dedicate the chapter you appear in.

~Kalyn=)