Chapter Fourteen: Welcome to Harvenburg Part I

Start from the beginning

This tavern is like Julianna and Hartman's but very different because there are lots of breads and pastries in the main desk, where the owner is standing right now.

While my Uncle, Valentine and Julianna were talking to the owner, I was distracted by the scent of pastries that were coming from that door right next to the main desk.

But someone brought me to reality.

"Hungry?"

I turned around to see sir Gerald standing in front of me with big smirk on his face.

"Not really" I said

Until my stomach start to gurgle.

This is embarrassing I thought to myself as I hold my stomach and looked down on my feet.

I never taught that I could be that hungry from just the smell and sight of the bread.

Gerald walked up to the main desk, talking to one of the workers of the tavern.

I was wondering why he was there but when I saw he had a baguette I realized that he was hungry.

He then went back to me with a baguette on his hand, he suddenly handed the bread to me.

"Oh no I can't take it sir Gerald" as I tried to push gentle the baguette away from me.

"Nonsense, your appetite is more important than mine and besides I don't want the little daisy to starved to death"

"W-what?"

I was blushing, he called me little daisy. A soft chuckle came out of his mouth and looks deeply into my eyes.

"Hahaha, Eat up little daisy"

I accepted it and took the baguette from his hold, I immediately start eating because I was totally starving from that long ride, it was kinda tiring when you sat down for too long.

Although the thought of that nickname was so... okay? It's just a nickname, right? I'll just forget that never happened.

I looked to left and saw Hartman looking at the painting that was beautifully painted well, a sea of wheatgrass that was blown by the wind and a girl standing in the middle with a basket of wheat grain.

I approached to him and stood right next to him.

"It's beautiful isn't it" he said serenely

"Yes, it was"

"Can you imagine that when you look at this painting it would come to life?"

I looked at him and to the painting, imagining myself through as I close my eyes.

I felt the wind caressing my cheek, was it very windy? I open up my eyes and saw a field of wheatgrass.

I'm in the painting? No that can't be.

I close my eyes and open them up again, now I'm back in the real world.

I was imagining myself, but how?

I guess Hartman was right, I did imagine myself in this painting.

"Did you imagine it Johanna?"

I looked up to him with belief and said.

"Yes, yes I did"

He giggled, it was very cute though.

"You know I really liked the way your eyes shined with different shades, it has beauty, love and wonders. I confess you're very pretty and a friendly one as well"

I saw a tint of red in his cheeks which to me feels the same as well.

He said with many words that I don't even know how to explain. He said those words without any hesitation and my heart keeps on beating.

I don't even know what this feeling is but something hit me and these four little words that I believe is the question that I couldn't answer.

• • •

Am I in love?

LIBRA: The Silver Journey (Valden Series #1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara