🔥Sixty-One🔥

Start from the beginning

I closed his bedroom door, and then I walked to my own room, where Theo was lying on my bed sound asleep. A small smile grew on my lips, and I crawled into bed, wrapping my arms around him. In his sleep, Theo lazily threw his arms around me, and I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

***

The next morning I woke up, Theo was still beside me, sound asleep. The ghost of a smile lingered on his lips, and seeing him so peaceful made me happy. I crawled on top of him and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my head in his shoulder. His arms slowly wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Well, this is pleasant to wake up to." He rasped, his voice rough (but hot, obviously), and I smiled into his shoulder. Looking up at him, I pressed a gentle, passionate kiss on his lips, and we both smile through it. When we pulled away, my smile grew bigger.

"Happy birthday, vampire boy." I whispered, pecking his lips again, and his smile broke into a grin.

"You remembered!" I nodded, and he kissed me passionately. Those were the kind of mornings I loved. Everything was silent, Theo was right beside me, and I felt at home. I felt warm and protected, but most of all, I felt happy. "Hazel's taking me out for breakfast this morning, but the rest of the day, I want to be with you. Meet me at our spot around three?"

Theo and I hadn't been to our spot since we broke up, and I hadn't been back there since I saw him and Harper down there together. With that in my mind, my smile slowly faded, and Theo shot me a worried look.

"What's wrong?" He asked, caressing my cheek, and my eyes welled with tears. I looked away from him, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You took Harper to our spot."

Theo remained silent. When I glanced at him, his eyes were downcast, and they held a multitude of regret. He opened and closed his mouth a couple times, and then his eyes finally met mine again.

"That meant nothing, princess. I didn't even want her there. I kept praying you would come down, and you would be the one lying there with me." He admitted, and I looked away from him. The pain I felt when I saw them together at our spot had returned, and I felt like breaking down, but I held it all in.

I swallowed hard as a single tear escaped my eye. "I did come down, Theo, but I saw you and her there. It hurt like hell, Theo. I thought you had replaced me like you said."

Theo clipped his thumb and index finger under my chin, turning my head so we were looking into each other's eyes. His eyes flashed with hurt when he saw my tear stained cheeks, and Theo ever so gently wiped them away with the pad of his thumb.

"No one could ever replace you, princess. You're my girl. That will never change." He assured me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist, and I threw my arms around his neck. The embrace wasn't like any other. It was as if he was trying to prove I was the only one for him, and with that hug, I definitely believed it. Theo held me for a little longer, and then he left to get ready for his birthday breakfast.

An hour later, Hazel and Theo left, and I sprung into action. I had exactly four hours to get his present ready, and since I was a huge procrastinator, I knew I would probably rush to get it ready. As I was getting ready to wrap his present, Jessie strolled into my room.

"Hey, big bro." I greeted, sewing together a piece of Theo's present, and he shot me a smile. Jessie sat in my desk chair, watching me sew.

"What are you doing?"

I glanced at him, closing the stitch. "Finishing Theo's birthday present."

"Mel, is this guy really worth it?" Jessie questioned, crossing his arms over his chest, and a smile grew on my face as I finished sewing Theo's gift.